1. be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
2. be full-time Year 2 and 3 (non-final year) undergraduate students of a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or equivalent discipline;
3. have good command in both Chinese and English, and be able to speak fluent Cantonese;
4. be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
5. have good writing, communication and analytical skills.
To assist staff of the Audit Commission to perform audits and administrative tasks.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidate will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for a period of about three months from June 2020 to August 2020 tentatively. He/She is normally required to work 44 hours per week.
No allowance will be given to appointee currently residing outside Hong Kong to cover his/her travelling expenses to and from Hong Kong or his/her subsistence during their stay in Hong Kong.
(a) Rest days, statutory holidays, paid leave, sickness days and sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions in the Employment Ordinance (Cap. 57) and the contract terms.
(b) The appointee will be subject to the provisions of the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance (Cap. 485) and will be required to make employee’s contributions to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Scheme.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the civil service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the Audit Commission may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the selection interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at https://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address below. If candidates fail to provide the supporting documents as requested, their applications will not be considered.
How to apply:
1. Hong Kong students studying in local post-secondary institutions should apply through the Student Affairs Offices/Career Centres of their respective institutions. They are advised to note the deadlines set by the respective institutions. Direct applications from local students will not be considered.
2. Students studying in non-local post-secondary institutions are required to submit by mail the following information by 8 April 2020 (postmark date will be taken) to the enquiry address below (late applications and applications submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted):
(a) completed application form, a blank form of which can be downloaded from the website of the Civil Service Bureau (https://www.csb.gov.hk/english/admin/appoint/files/Standard_Application_Form.doc);
(c) a copy of Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination results;
(d) a copy of official transcripts and certificates of academic qualifications; and
(e) a copy of certificate of student status or equivalent.
Please mark “Application for the post of Audit Student Summer Intern - Restricted” on the envelope. Please ensure that sufficient postage is paid. The Audit Commission would not collect underpaid mail items, and would not settle the surcharge payment for the applicants. Applicants will bear any consequences arising from not paying sufficient postage. Please do not send any originals of the required documents (c), (d) and (e) above.
3. Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements, applications not made in the prescribed form, or which are late, incomplete or without the required supporting documents will not be considered.
4. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation (by e-mail or by post) within two to four weeks from the closing date for application. Longer time may be required when a large number of applications are received or when there are other complications. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
5. As invitations or notifications may be sent to candidates by e-mails, candidates should provide an accurate e-mail address in their application forms. Candidates are responsible for checking their e-mails to ensure that the invitation or notification will be duly received.
6. Apart from the enquiry telephone below, enquiries on this post can be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Personnel Registry, Audit Commission, 26/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong