Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch
Seasonal Lifeguard (2019 Swimming Season)
HK$17,345 per month(Swimming Pool/Water Sports Centre)
HK$18,045 per month(Beaches in Tsuen Wan and Tuen Mun Districts)
HK$18,345 per month(Beaches in Islands, Sai Kung and Southern Districts)
HK$89 per hour(Swimming Pool/Water Sports Centre)
HK$93 per hour(All Beaches)
(1) possess a valid Pool Lifeguard Award or Beach Lifeguard Award or above issued by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society (Note: Candidates who possess a valid Pool Lifeguard Award only will be deployed to work at swimming pools of this department only while those possessing a valid Beach Lifeguard Award only will be deployed to work at beaches or water sports centres of this department.);
(2) preferably possess a valid First Aid Certificate issued by the St. John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross or Auxiliary Medical Service
(Note : (i) Full-time Seasonal Lifeguards who possess a valid First Aid Certificate issued by the St. John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross or Auxiliary Medical Service throughout the whole contract period as determined by this department (on a single contract basis) may be granted an additional amount of HK$300 per month as part of his/her salary during the whole contract period as determined by this department.
Note :(ii) Hourly-rated Seasonal Lifeguards who possess a valid First Aid Certificate issued by the St. John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross or Auxiliary Medical Service throughout the whole contract period as determined by this department (on a single contract basis) may be granted HK$90 per hour (Swimming Pools/Water Sports Centres) or HK$94 per hour (All Beaches) during the whole contract period as determined by this department.
To be eligible for the designated hourly rate/ additional monthly pay as specified above, selected candidates who are offered an appointment as Seasonal Lifeguard must present a true copy of valid First Aid Certificate, prior to his/her signing of a contract with the Department, and that the remaining valid period (calculated from the effective day of the contract) of that First Aid Certificate must be longer than or equivalent to the designated contract period as prescribed by the Department.);
(3) attain a level of proficiency in Chinese and English languages equivalent to Primary 6 standard;
(4) pass the swimming and trade tests; and
(5) pass an eyesight test and the Ishihara's Test. (An applicant's visual acuity should be at least 6/60, i.e. myopia not exceeding roughly 300 degrees. Wearing of plastic corrective lens and goggles with appropriate prescription while on duty is mandatory unless candidates have unaided good eyesight for lifesaving duties.)
[Note: Candidates without supporting documents of the Chinese and English languages proficiency of (3) above may also apply. There will be assessments of Chinese and English languages proficiency during the interview.]
The Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) is inviting applications for the position of Seasonal Lifeguard. The selected candidates will be required to perform lifesaving duties at any public swimming pools, beaches or water sports centres of the LCSD for the swimming season of 2019.
(1) The conditioned working hours of a full-time Seasonal Lifeguard are 45 hours net per week and seven and a half hours per day (excluding meal breaks). The incumbents are required to work shifts during the period from 6:15 am to 10:15 pm according to supervisors' arrangements or to work overtime. They are also required to work on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
(2) Hourly-rated Seasonal Lifeguards are required to work on any day(s) during the hourly-rate contract period as specified by LCSD depending on operational needs. The actual salary received will be calculated based on their actual total number of hours worked. The incumbents are required to work shifts during the period from 6:15 a.m. to 10:15 p.m. according to supervisors’arrangements. They are also required to work on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Appointed full-time Seasonal Lifeguards who are able to fully meet the prescribed entry requirements, and terms and conditions of appointment may receive a salary plus end-of-contract gratuity amounting to around HK$21,440 at the maximum per month.
(1) To ensure the safety of swimmers at swimming pools, beaches or water sports centres of this department;
(2) To rescue swimmers in distress;
(3) To maintain order; and
(4) To assist in cleaning work.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful applicants will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms.
For details, please see the appendix.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Completed application form together with photocopies of relevant lifesaving awards (Pool Lifeguard Award or Beach Lifeguard Award or above) and First Aid Certificate should reach the enquiry address on or before the closing date for applications. Please specify on the envelope "Application for Seasonal Lifeguard (Swimming Pool/Water Sports Centre)" or "Application for Seasonal Lifeguard (Beach) ; Application for Hourly-rated Seasonal Lifeguard (Swimming Pool/Water Sports Centre)" or "Application for Hourly-rated Seasonal Lifeguard (Beach)".
(2) Application forms [G.F. 340(Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from Civil Service Bureau's web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(3) Applicants should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post.
(4) Applications which are incomplete, late, submitted by fax or email, not duly signed by the applicants, or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered. Applicants who are invited for selection interview/trade tests will normally receive an invitation in about four to ten weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for selection interview/trade tests may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch, 7/F, Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, New Territories, Hong Kong.
2601 8050 or 2601 8040
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Ming Pao: 12 & 26 April 2019
Jiu Jik: 16 April 2019
Job Market: 16 & 23 April 2019
Headline Daily : 15 & 24 April 2019
AM730 : 16 & 30 April 2019
Are you looking for "printing services Singapore"? Check out printingservicessingapore The passionate experts in this field are ready to answer all of your requests.
In case you're interested in knowing more info on CEO Worldwide, stop by http://ceo-worldwide.comwww.royalrangenashville.com is an online option where you can get all information regarding the resources you definitely need to excel in any shooting discipline: for recreation, for competition and for personal protection.