Candidates should –
(1) be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
(2) be students pursuing a full-time Bachelor degree with major in business administration or public administration offered by post-secondary institutions locally or overseas;
(3) have attained ‘Level 3’ or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) or equivalent (Note 1);
(4) possess good oral and written communication skills in both Chinese and English and a good command of Putonghua;
(5) be proficient in the application of Microsoft Office; and
(6) preferably have good knowledge and skills in using image and audio/video editing software.
(1) ‘Grade C’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(2) Only holders of non-local academic qualifications are required to submit copies of official transcripts and certificates for assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications.
(3) Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation within 2 to 4 weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
The successful candidates will be deployed to one of the divisions/other departments to undertake the following duties –
(1) assist in designing and developing training materials and e-learning materials, including multi-media learning resources and promotional materials;
(2) assist in research and survey; and process, consolidate and analyse related data;
(3) assist in organising training activities, promotional activities and events; and/or
(4) assist in general administration work.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms. The employment period will last for about two months between July and August 2021 (depending on office exigencies and individual participants’ availability, the actual employment period of different cases may vary). Candidates are normally required to work 44 hours per week from Monday to Friday.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend selection interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to further shortlisting criteria.
How to apply:
(1) Students studying in local post-secondary institutions should apply through the Student Affairs Offices/Career Centres of their respective institutions. They are advised to note the deadlines set by the respective institutions.
(2) Students studying in non-local post-secondary institutions should download the application form from the CSB website (http://www.csb.gov.hk/english/admin/appoint/782.html). Completed application form together with (i) a copy of the certificate of their student status of their institutions and (ii) copies of non-local academic qualifications should reach the enquiry address below by post or by email. Applications which are late, incomplete or without copies of the required documents will not be considered. Please ensure that sufficient postage is paid. Underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post.
(3) Applicants should provide their email address to facilitate future contact.
The Personnel Registry, Civil Service Training and Development Institute, Civil Service Bureau, Room 413, 4/F, North Point Government Offices, 333 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org