(1) Level 2 (or above) in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or Level 2 / Grade E (or above) in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent [see Note];
(2) Level 2 / Grade E (or above) in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent [see Note]; and
(3) Good computer operation knowledge including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Word Processing (Microsoft Windows default input methods).
'Attained' in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and 'Grade E' in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to 'Level 2' in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. 'Grade E' in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to 'Level 2' in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To assist in coordination, promotion and implementation of activities, works and projects for community development and environment improvement (outdoor work may be required);
(2) To provide daily administrative support to District Council;
(3) To provide clerical and secretarial support to District Council and the Committees/Working Groups of District Council; and
(4) To perform other related duties as required.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms.
(2) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subjected to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made. Further renewal should be subject to satisfactory performance and operational needs.
(3) Successful candidates may be required to work outdoor and irregular hours including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
(4) A contract shorter than 12 months may be offered to successful candidates. Further renewal to be subject to satisfactory performance and operational needs.
Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity leave and sickness allowance will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Application Forms [G.F. 340(Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centres of Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) Completed application form together with copies of academic qualifications should reach the address below by post or in person on or before the closing date. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. For submission in person, the application should reach the address below by 6 p.m. of the closing date. Please specify on the envelope 'Application for the Post of Project Assistant'. Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting documents will not be considered.
(3) Candidates who are selected for interviews should bring their Hong Kong Identity Card, original academic certificates and a recent passport-size photograph to attend the interview.
(4) Applicants who are not invited for interview within 3 months from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Wan Chai District Office, 21/F, Southorn Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong