註1：綜合招聘考試的中文運用及英文運用試卷的成績分為二級、一級或不及格，並以二級為最高等級。香港中學文憑考試中國語文科第5級或以上成績；或香港高級程度會考中國語文及文化、中國語言文學或中國語文科C級或以上的成績，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試中文運用試卷的二級成績。香港中學文憑考試英國語文科第5級或以上成績；或香港高級程度會考英語運用科C級或以上成績；或General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) (GCE A Level) English Language科C級或以上成績，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試英文運用試卷的二級成績。在International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 學術模式整體分級取得6.5或以上，並在同一次考試中各項個別分級取得不低於6的成績的人士，在IELTS考試成績的兩年有效期內，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試英文運用試卷的二級成績。IELTS考試成績必須在職位申請期內(即由2019年10月4日至2019年10月18日)其中任何一日有效。
Master Pay Scale Point 14 ($28,725 per month) to Master Pay Scale Point 27 ($53,195 per month)
Candidates should –
(a) have a bachelor’s degree from a university in Hong Kong, or equivalent;
(b) have ‘Level 2’ results in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE)(Note 1), or equivalent;
(c) have a pass result in the Aptitude Test in the CRE(Note 2); and
(d) be fluent in spoken Chinese (Cantonese and preferably in Putonghua) and spoken English.
(Remarks: (1) Candidates are required to pass a translation test and an interpretation test. (2) Candidates who are selected for the translation test will normally receive an invitation in about four to six weeks from the closing date for application. As invitations may be sent to candidates by email, candidates should provide an accurate email address in their applications. Candidates are responsible for checking their emails to ensure that invitation will be duly received. (3) Those who are not invited for the translation test, as well as the subsequent interpretation test-cum-selection interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. (4) All qualifications required should be obtained on or before the application deadline. Qualifications obtained after the application deadline will not be considered.)
Note 1: The results of the Use of Chinese (UC) and Use of English (UE) papers in the CRE are classified as Level 2, Level 1 or Fail, with Level 2 being the highest. Level 5 or above in Chinese Language of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE); or Grade C or above in Chinese Language and Culture or Chinese Language and Literature of the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE), are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UC paper of the CRE. Level 5 or above in English Language of the HKDSEE; or Grade C or above in Use of English of the HKALE; or Grade C or above in English Language of the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) (GCE A Level), are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UE paper of the CRE. Candidates with an overall band of 6.5 or above with no subtest score below band 6 obtained in the same sitting in the Academic Module of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) within the two-year validity period of the test result are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UE paper of the CRE. The IELTS test result must be valid on any date during the application period (i.e. from 4 October 2019 to 18 October 2019).
Note 2: Candidates’ results in the Aptitude Test (AT) paper in the CRE are classified as Pass or Fail.
Note3: For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their BL knowledge. The BL test result will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate’s overall assessment.
A Court Interpreter II is mainly deployed on –
(a) interpreting in Magistrates’ Courts and Tribunals in English, Cantonese and Putonghua;
(b) certifying provided translations of court case related documents; and
(c) translating court documents and Judiciary documents.
(Note: Officers already proficient in Putonghua will be required to interpret in Putonghua. Officers not yet proficient in Putonghua will be required to interpret in Putonghua after training.)
Terms of Appointment:
A new recruit will normally be appointed on civil service probationary terms for three years. Upon passage of probation bar, he/she may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service, and will become civil servants on appointment.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to changes.
(6) Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, assistance in housing.
(7) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the Judiciary may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the translation test, as well as the subsequent interpretation test-cum-selection interview.
(8) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be, without being subject to further shortlisting, invited to attend the translation test. If he/she has passed the translation test, he/she will be invited to the subsequent interpretation test-cum-selection interview. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(9) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions / Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications.
(10) Towards the application deadline, our online system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your online application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
Completed application forms, together with copies of (1) degree certificates; (2) transcripts of studies; (3) letter on results of CRE and results of equivalent examinations, if applicable; (4) letter on result of BL test; and (5) documentary proof of working experience, if any, should reach the following enquiry address by post or by hand on or before 18 October 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (Hong Kong Time). Please specify “Application for the post of Court Interpreter II” on the envelope.
Online applications can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau’s website stated above. Applicants who apply online should submit copies of the required supporting documents by post or by hand to the following enquiry address within one week after the closing date for application (i.e. on or before 25 October 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (Hong Kong Time)). The online application number should be quoted on the envelope and on every page of the copies of the supporting documents.
If the application form and / or supporting documents are sent by post, please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage has been paid before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of mail items. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not be deliver to the Judiciary and will be returned to the sender (if a return address is provided) or disposed of in accordance with the established procedures of the Hongkong Post. Applicants will bear any consequences arising from paying insufficient postage. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of submission of the application form and/or copies of supporting documents.
Applications which are late, incomplete, not duly signed, submitted by fax or email, or not made in the prescribed form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] will NOT be considered.
Support Staff Sub-section, Corporate Services Division, the Judiciary, 3/F, High Block, Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong