(a) (i) attain the qualification of London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Higher Level; or
(ii) be the member of Hong Kong Institute of Accredited Accounting Technicians; or
(iii) have a Higher Diploma in Accountancy from a local post-secondary institution, or equivalent;
(b) meet the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 (Note 1) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent;
(c) have at least seven years’ working experience in areas of accounting or auditing; and
(d) be proficient in PC operations, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel.
[Note: Candidates who are invited for the selection interview will normally receive the invitation (by post or by email) in about four to six weeks from the closing date for application. This period may be longer in exceptional circumstances, e.g. when a large number of applications are received or when there are other complications. Those who are not invited for the selection interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.]
Note 1: For appointment purpose, “Grade E” in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to “Level 2” in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
1. To vet accounts submitted by the committee of the estate of a mentally incapacitated person (the committee) as assigned by the Contract Assistant Accounting Manager and/or other seniors by checking accuracy and calculation of the income as well as expenditure against supporting documents like invoices and receipts and verifying the assets and liabilities of the mentally incapacitated persons’ estate with land search records, bank passbooks, bank statement, etc.;
2. To draft requisitions and seek clarifications from the committee on the accounts filed; to follow up letters and/or accounts filed by the committee in reply to court’s requisition or directions; to confirm whether the expenditure items fell within the power of the committee and whether the amount of each expenditure item is fair and reasonable;
3. To maintain relevant information systems and manual records when account is received/vetted for statistical purpose; and
4. To carry out any other accounting and/or clerical duties as assigned by the Contract Assistant Accounting Manager and/or other seniors.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for one year on a full-time basis for 44 hours per week inclusive of meal break.
A gratuity may be granted at the end of contract period if the contract is satisfactorily completed with consistently satisfactory standard of performance and conduct. Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Scheme in respect of an appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance (Cap. 485), will be equal to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period. Candidates appointed are eligible for 14 days’ paid annual leave. Other benefits such as rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), maternity leave, paternity leave and sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the Employment Ordinance (Cap. 57).
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Judiciary is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the specified entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the Judiciary may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the selection interview.
(6) It is the Judiciary’s policy to place people with disabilities in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the specified entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to further shortlisting.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications.
(8) Towards the application deadline, our online system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your online application, it is advisable to submit your application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
Applicants should state in detail in the application form their academic qualifications and work experience, including the exact start and end dates of their period(s) of study and employment. Completed application forms, together with ALL copies of official certificates and transcripts of their academic qualifications and ALL copies of proof of their work experience specifying their period(s) of employment, should reach the contact address by post or by hand on or before 2 June 2023 at 5:00 p.m. (Hong Kong Time). Please note that declarations in any form are not accepted. Please specify “Application for the position of Contract Accounting Clerk” on the envelope.
Online application can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau’s website stated above. Applicants who apply online should submit copies of the required supporting documents stated above by post or by hand to the contact address on or before 9 June 2023 at 5:00 p.m. (Hong Kong Time). The online application number should be quoted on the envelope and on every page of the copies of the supporting documents.
If the application form and/or supporting documents are sent by post, please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage has been affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of mail items. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not be delivered to the Judiciary and will be returned to the sender (if a return address is provided) or disposed of in accordance with the established procedures of the Hongkong Post. Applicants will bear any consequences arising from paying insufficient postage. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of submission of the application form and/or copies of supporting documents.
Applications which are late, incomplete, not duly signed, submitted by fax or email, without copies of the required supporting documents stated above, or not made in the prescribed form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] will NOT be considered.
An applicant who applies for both Contract Assistant Accounting Manager and Contract Accounting Clerk positions should submit TWO separate application forms in total, i.e. ONE form and ONE set of the required copies of supporting documents for EACH position.
Support Staff Sub-section, Corporate Services Division, The Judiciary, 3/F, High Block, Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong
Applicants who wish to submit their application forms and/or supporting documents by hand should arrive during our office hours (Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Fridays: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.). If the application form and/or supporting documents is/are delivered by hand, an acknowledgement of receipt will immediately be issued by the Judiciary.