(3) 政府在聘任公務員時，香港中學文憑考試中國語文科第5級或以上成績；或香港高級程度會考中國語文及文化、中國語言文學或中國語文科C級或以上的成績，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試中文運用試卷的二級成績。香港中學文憑考試中國語文科第4級成績；或香港高級程度會考中國語文及文化、中國語言文學或中國語文科D級的成績，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試中文運用試卷的一級成績。香港中學文憑考試英國語文科第5級或以上成績；或香港高級程度會考英語運用科C級或以上成績；或General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) (GCE A Level) English Language科C級或以上成績，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試英文運用試卷的二級成績。香港中學文憑考試英國語文科第4級成績；或香港高級程度會考英語運用科D級成績；或GCE A Level English Language科D級成績，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試英文運用試卷的一級成績。
(4) 在International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 學術模式整體分級取得6.5或以上，並在同一次考試中各項個別分級取得不低於6的成績的人士，在IELTS考試成績的兩年有效期內，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試英文運用試卷的二級成績。IELTS考試成績必須在職位申請期內其中任何一日有效。
Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department
Master Pay Scale Point 27 ($55,995) to Master Pay Scale Point 44 ($110,170) per month
Candidates should have –
(a) a first or second class honours degree in an appropriate subject in Applied or Natural Science from a Hong Kong university, or equivalent;
(b) three years’ post-graduate experience in an appropriate field or a higher degree or post-graduate diploma in an appropriate subject in Applied or Natural Science from a Hong Kong university, or equivalent; and
(c) ‘Level 1’ results (Note 2) in the two language papers (Use of Chinese (Note 3) and Use of English (Note 3 & Note 4)) in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE). A pass result in the Aptitude Test in the CRE is also required.
(1) Post-graduate students expecting to obtain the required higher degree within six months may also apply. Consideration for appointment will be subject to their successful obtaining the required higher qualification.
(2) Candidates’ results in the Aptitude Test (AT) paper are classified as pass or fail, the results of the Use of Chinese (UC) and Use of English (UE) papers are classified as ‘Level 2’, ‘Level 1’ or ‘Fail’, with ‘Level 2’ being the highest.
(3) For civil service appointment purpose, Level 5 or above in Chinese Language of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE); or Grade C or above in Chinese Language and Culture or Chinese Language and Literature of the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE), are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UC paper of the CRE. Level 4 in Chinese Language of the HKDSEE; or Grade D in Chinese Language and Culture or Chinese Language and Literature of the HKALE, are accepted as equivalent to Level 1 in the UC paper of the CRE. Level 5 or above in English Language of the HKDSEE; or Grade C or above in Use of English of the HKALE; or Grade C or above in English Language of the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) (GCE A Level), are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UE paper of the CRE. Level 4 in English Language of the HKDSEE; or Grade D in Use of English of the HKALE; or Grade D in English Language of the GCE A Level, are accepted as equivalent to Level 1 in the UE paper of the CRE.
(4) Applicants with an overall band of 6.5 or above with no subtest score below band 6 obtained in the same sitting in the Academic Module of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) within the two-year validity period of the test result are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UE paper of the CRE. The IELTS test result must be valid on any date during the application period.
(5) For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their BL knowledge. The BL test result will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate’s overall assessment.
A Forestry Officer is mainly deployed on performing forestry and vegetation management work; planning, managing, developing and protecting Country Parks, Hong Kong Geopark, Hong Kong Wetland Park and Special Areas; undertaking fauna, flora, endangered species, geological and landscape conservation work, including law enforcement, education and advisory duties, and ecological baseline studies; assessing and monitoring ecological aspects of environmental impact assessment process; and undertaking applied research in various related disciplines.
(Note: May be posted to other bureaux/departments; be required to work irregular hours or shift duties in connection with emergency hill fire, typhoon duties or other natural disasters; and work in the New Territories.)
Terms of Appointment:
A new recruit will normally be appointed on civil service probationary terms for three years. Upon passage of probation bar, he/she may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to changes.
(f) Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, assistance in housing.
(g) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(h) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureaus website at https://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(i) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below contact address.
(j) Towards the application deadline, our on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department and any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms should be forwarded to the enquiry address of the recruiting department below on or before the closing date for application. Please specify the title of the post being applied for on the envelope and ensure that sufficient postage is paid. Online application can also be made available through the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applicants are encouraged to provide their email addresses on the application forms. Applications which are incomplete, late or submitted by fax / email will not be considered. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation (by email or by post) in about eight to ten weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, 5th floor, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Ming Pao Daily News (12 March 2021) & South China Morning Post (13 & 20 March 2021)