The applicant should have –
(1) a recognised bachelor degree in journalism or communication or political studies from a local university, or equivalent;
(2) at least 3 years’ full-time post-qualification media/ journalistic/ public relations/ public affairs experience;
(3) attained Level 3 or above in both Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) / Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
(4) effective research skills, including the use of online resources;
(5) good knowledge in social media management and research tools, online resources, experience in operating social media accounts/ pages for business use would be an advantage;
(6) good knowledge in creating and designing social media post content and proficiency in application software including MS Word, and good knowledge in photography, graphic design and video editing software would be an advantage; and
(7) good knowledge and understanding of financial policy would be an advantage.
Grade C in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To provide research support in respect of the production of analysis on specific topics, for example, matters related to local, Mainland and international financial development;
(2) To assist in implementing social engagement exercises;
(3) To assist in preparing speeches, publications, publicity materials and articles;
(4) To analyse public sentiments on social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.;
(5)To assist in providing contents to be used on social media platforms of FSTB; designing graphical contents of the social media platforms; producing video contents and taking photos for posts to the social media platforms; as well as assisting in publicity activities related to the social media platforms of FSTB; and
(6) To perform any other duties as directed by senior officers.
Successful candidate may be required to work on shifts or irregular hours, or perform on-call or standby duties having regard to operational needs.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidate will be employed on non-civil service contract terms for a period of 24 months. Renewal of contract will be subject to the service need and the performance of the candidate.
(1) A gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the full contract period with consistently high standard of performance. The amount of gratuity payable will be the sum which, when added to the Government’s contribution to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, equals 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(2) The benefits in respect of rest days, statutory holidays, annual leave, maternity leave or paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance and confirmed at the time of the offer of appointment.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend selection interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet "Employ People Based on Their Abilities - Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities" which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau's website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under "Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments".
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/ Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to together with their applications forms to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Candidates should apply in writing with a completed application form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] which is obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's Internet Website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
Completed application form stating the position apply for, together with a full curriculum vitae, copies of certificate of academic qualifications and documentary proof of working experience should reach the below address no later than 8 June 2020 at 5:00 p.m.. Please mark on the envelope “Application for the position of Project Officer”.
Applicants should ensure that correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any unpaid mail items will be returned or disposed by the Hongkong Post.
Applications which are late, incomplete or without relevant supporting documents of academic qualifications or working experience will not be considered. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about four to eight weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau (The Treasury Branch, 24/F., Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong (Attn: Personnel Unit)
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Mingpao Daily News (22 May 2020) and SCMP (23 and 30 May 2020)