$56.5 per hour (Bonus available at a rate of $3.6 for every valid voter registration form collected during the work period, up to a maximum amount of $992 per month)
(1) Five subjects of Level 2 or above in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination, including either Chinese Language or English Language, or
Five subjects at Grade E or above in Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination, including either Chinese Language or English Language (Syllabus B before 2007) or equivalent [see Note]; and
(2) Able to speak Cantonese and English. Fluency in other spoken language(s) or dialect(s) would be an advantage.
(Note:‘Level 2’ in the 2007 HKCEE or henceforth is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Grade E’ in the HKCEE before 2007.)
(1) To assist the District office staff in the preparation work of the Voter Registration Campaign;
(2) To assist the District Office staff in carrying out household visits to register new voters and update voters’ information;
(3) To assist the District Office staff in setting up Voter Registration counters throughout the district;
(4) To assist the District Office staff in organising any activities related to the Voter Registration Campaign;
(5) To assist the District Office staff in answering Voter Registration related enquiries; and
(6) Any other duties relating to the Voter Registration Campaign as assigned by the District Office staff.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Work Period: Early-May 2019 to early-July 2019
(2) Working Hours: Irregular hours from 9:00am to 11:00pm on any days, including Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, as and when required
(3) Working Area: Eastern District, Hong Kong Island
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of Districts Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centres of Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://csb.gov.hk).
(2) Completed application form together with copies of academic qualifications should reach Eastern District Office, 11/F, Eastern Law Courts Building, 29 Tai On Street, Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong by post or in person on or before the closing date. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. Applicants should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post. For submission in person, the application should reach the address above by 6 p.m. of the closing date. Please specify on the envelope “Application for the Post of Voter Registration Assistant”. Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting documents will not be considered.
(3) Applicants who are not invited for interview within 2 months from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Eastern District Office, 11/F, Eastern Law Courts Building, 29 Tai On Street, Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong