HKD$56.5 per hour
(Bonus available at a rate of HKD$3.6 for every valid voter registration form collected during the work period, up to a maximum amount of HKD$992 per month)
(a) Five subjects of Level 2 or above in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination, including either Chinese Language or English Language, or
Five subjects at Grade E or above in Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination, including either Chinese Language or English Language (Syllabus B before 2007) or equivalent [see Note]; and
(b) Able to speak Cantonese and English. Fluency in other spoken language(s) or dialect(s) would be an advantage.
(1) “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2)The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3)‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(a) To assist the District office staff in the preparation work of the Voter Registration Campaign;
(b) To assist the District Office staff in carrying out household visits to register new voters and update voters’ information;
(c) To assist the District Office staff in setting up Voter Registration counters throughout the district;
(d) To assist the District Office staff in organising any activities related to the Voter Registration Campaign;
(e) To assist the District Office staff in answering Voter Registration related enquiries; and
(f) Any other duties relating to the Voter Registration Campaign as assigned by the District Office staff.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms. Contract duration may vary for different deployments as specified by the appointment authority. Further renewal to be subject to satisfactory performance and operational needs;
(2) Employment period: Around the period from April 2019 to July 2019;
(3) Hours of work: Irregular hours during the employment period from around 9:00am to 11:00pm on any days, including Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, as and when required; and
(4) Location of workplace: Yuen Long District Area (Households and outdoor areas inclusive).
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Application Forms [G.F. 340(Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) Completed application form, together with a copy for each of relevant academic qualifications (including copies of certificates) and supporting documents of working experience, should serve on the enquiry address below by post or in person on or before the closing date for application. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. For submission in person, the application shall serve on the enquiry address below by 6:00 p.m. of the closing date for application. Please specify on the envelope “Application for Voter Registration Assistant”. Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting document(s) as requested will not be considered.
(3) Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
General Registry (Personnel), Room 512, 5/F, Yuen Long District Office Building, 269 Castle Peak Road, Yuen Long, NT.