(1) A recognised Bachelor’s degree from a Hong Kong university or equivalent in Communications/Marketing/Public Relations /Journalism/ Business Administration or other related disciplines;
(2) A minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification working experience in public relations, media management, corporate communications or marketing communications; relevant working experience in digital marketing is an advantage;
(3) Level 3 (Grade C before 2007) or above in both Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B before 2007) in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
(4) Good verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in computer usage; knowledge of media editing software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and video editing skills is an advantage;
(5) Strong interpersonal, organizing, and project management skills; and
(6) Attention to details, multi-tasking and self-initiative. Able to work independently and demonstrate the qualities of a committed team player.
‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To provide professional advice on media relations and formulate PR strategy for implementation of various projects in the Department;
(2) To cultivate and maintain media relationship, drive opportunities for media engagements to strengthen and maintain strong corporate profile; and to provide support in liaison with media;
(3) To review public opinion on the Department’s services, and administer the newspaper clipping and social media monitoring;
(4) To develop new digital marketing strategies for the Department’s presence in response to emerging social platforms and digital storytelling trends, leveraging multimedia tools such as video, and report on campaign analytics;
(5) To provide support to departmental publicity and promotional events such as exhibitions, school talks and visits, etc.;
(6) To administer the production of publicity materials;
(7) To handle public complaint and enquiry;
(8) To regularly update the public relations contents in the Departmental webpage and mobile app; and
(9) To undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned by senior officers.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) 2-year contract;
(2) Monthly salary $46,515;
(3) Discretionary performance pay up to about 1 month’s salary in every six months;
(4) 14 days’ annual leave; and
(5) Gratuity payable plus Hongkong Post’s MPF contributions equal to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(a) Candidates appointed must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise short-listing criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only short-listed candidates will be invited to attend the recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities”.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the above address.
How to apply:
Completed application form (GF340(Rev.3/2013)) together with a resume and detailed description of the duties of previous and present employment should be sent to the Appointments Section, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central on or before 15 January 2020. Application forms can be obtained from District Offices of the Home Affairs Department and Job Centres of the Labour Department, or downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s internet website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applications that are incomplete, without a resume and the required supporting documents will not be considered.
Successful candidates are expected to assume duties in March 2020. Those who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks from the closing date for application should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Appointments Section, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central