Voter Registration Supervisor (Central and Western District)
HK$ 72.7 per hour
(Bonus available at a rate of $3.6 for every valid voter registration form collected during the work period, up to a maximum amount of HK$992 per month)
(1) Five subjects of Level 3 or above in New Senior Secondary subjects or equivalent in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination, including Chinese Language and English Language; or
Grade E or above in two subjects at Hong Kong Advance Level Examination and Grade C or above in three other subjects in Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination, including Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B before 2007) or equivalent [see Note]; and
(2) Able to speak Cantonese and English. Fluency in other spoken language(s) or dialect(s) would be an advantage.
‘Level 3’ in the 2007 HKCEE or henceforth is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Grade C’ in the HKCEE before 2007.
(1) To assist the District Office staff in the preparation work for the Voter Registration Campaign;
(2) To assist the District Office staff in carrying out household visits to register new voters and update voters’ information, including supervision of Voter Registration Assistants (VRAs);
(3) To assist the District Office staff in setting up Voter Registration counters throughout the district, especially in the supervision of VRAs;
(4) To report to the District Office staff on the Voter Registration Campaign;
(5) To assist the District Office staff in organising any activities related to the Voter Registration Campaign;
(6) To assist in the communication between the District Office staff and VRAs; and
(7) To assist in answering enquiries and handling any other duties relating to the Voter Registration Campaign as assigned by the District Office staff.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms. Contract duration may vary for different deployments as specified by the appointment authority;
(2) Employment period: Around May 2019 to July 2019;
(3) Hours of work: Irregular hours during the employment period from around 9:00am to 11:00pm on any days, including Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, as and when required; and
(4) Location of workplace: Central and Western District (Central, Sheung Wan, Sai Ying Pun and Kennedy Town)
Subject to the statutory requirements of Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Applications must be made on the form G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013), copies of which are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). The completed application form, together with photocopies of academic certificates and employment proofs (e.g. employment certificates, reference letters, etc.), should reach the address below by post or in person no later than the closing date for applications. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. Please ensure that sufficient postage is paid to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid mail items will be disposed of by the Hongkong Post. For submission in person, the application should reach the address below by 6 p.m. of the closing date. Please specify on the envelope 'Application for the post of Voter Registration Supervisor (Central and Western District)'. Applications which are late, incomplete, not duly signed, submitted not according to the prescribed methods, not made in the prescribed form, or without copy of supporting documents will NOT be considered. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation within about ten weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Central and Western District Office, 11/F, Harbour Building, 38 Pier Road, Central, Hong Kong