(1) Corporate Membership of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) in the Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Discipline elected after 5 December 1975, or equivalent. Candidates who have applied on or before 13 August 2020 to sit for the professional assessment of an acceptable profession institution which leads to the award of the corporate membership of HKIE (Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Discipline) or equivalent may also apply. They must attach documentary proof of their applications for the said professional assessment. Otherwise, their applications will not be further considered. If selected, their offer of appointment shall be subject to their obtaining on or before the date of offer the required Corporate Membership or equivalent;
(2) Preference will be given to candidates who possess the Registered Professional Engineer (Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Discipline) qualification in Hong Kong;
(3) Level 2 (Grade E before 2007) or above in both Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B before 2007) in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
(4) Good verbal and written communication skills and high proficiency in computer usage;
(5) Good organisation, analytical, interpersonal, project planning/project management skills; and
(6) Diligent, with great initiative and good analytical and problem solving abilities.
Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To assist in providing design, specification, supervision and advice on the installation of new building services installations, and the improvement and maintenance of existing building services installations in Hongkong Post venues;
(2) To procure and administer consultant agreements, works contracts and term contracts;
(3) To monitor and manage the performance of consultants, contractors and other works agents; and
(4) To supervise works and site supervisory staff.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) 1-year contract;
(2) Monthly salary $64,270;
(3) 14 days’ annual leave;
(4) Gratuity payable plus Hongkong Post’s MPF contributions equal to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(a) Candidates appointed must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise short-listing criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only short-listed candidates will be invited to attend the recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government’s policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government’s policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities”.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the above address.
How to apply:
Completed application form (GF340(Rev.3/2013)) together with a resume and detailed description of the duties of previous and present employment should be sent to the Appointments Section, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central on or before 13 August 2020. Application forms can be obtained from District Offices of the Home Affairs Department and Job Centres of the Labour Department, or downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s internet website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applications that are incomplete, without a resume and the required supporting documents will not be considered.
Successful candidates are expected to assume duties in November 2020. Those who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks from the closing date for application should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Appointments Section, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central