Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch
Temporary Clerk (Swimming Pool)
$10,225 per month
Candidates should have:
(1) completed secondary 5, or equivalent;
(2) Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent; and
(3) a good knowledge of the use of general computer softwares (including Microsoft Word and Excel) and Chinese and English typing skills.
[Note: For non-civil service appointment purpose, ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 2’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.]
Applications are invited for the post of Temporary Clerk (Swimming Pool) at the public swimming pools of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department for the period from March to October or November in the year 2016.
Handling booking matters relating to swimming pools, processing payments made in cash/by cheque, answering enquiries and performing general administrative, personnel and clerical duties. [Note: Working Hours : The incumbent will be required to work 44 hours (including meal breaks) per week. They are also required to work shifts (including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) during the period from 6 am to 10:30 pm according to supervisors’ arrangements and will be required to work overtime.]
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms.
Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity/paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address.
How to apply:
How to Apply
(1) Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) Completed application forms should reach the enquiry address on or before the closing date. Please specify on the envelope “Application for Temporary Clerk (Swimming Pool)”. Applications which are incomplete, or late, or submitted by fax or email, or not duly signed, or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered.
(3) Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about 4 to 6 weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch, 8/F., Leisure & Cultural Services Headquarters, 1-3 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong