$10,500 per month (subject to adjustment after the announcement of the 2021 rate)
Applicants should –
(1) be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
(2) be full-time Year 2 or above students of undergraduate or post-graduate programmes in post-secondary institutions;
(3) have attained ‘Level 3’ or above in English Language and Chinese Language [Note (2)] in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
(4) be proficient in using MS Office application; and
(5) be fluent in both Cantonese and English.
(1) Employment Period : June to August 2021 (one to three months)
(2) For appointment purpose, ‘Grade C’ in English Language (Syllabus B) and Chinese Language in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ in English Language and Chinese Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
Summer interns are mainly deployed to –
(1) assist in file and records management including old files disposal and preparation of electronic records;
(2) assist in general office administration, organization of staff activities and other related matters;
(3) conduct research work;
(4) assist in event coordination work and logistics support / arrangements; and
(5) assist in the compilation and publication of legislation.
Terms of Appointment:
Summer interns are engaged under non-civil service appointment. They are normally required to work 44 hours per week. They are eligible for rest days, statutory holidays, general holidays, and sickness days. They are subject to the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance (Cap. 485).
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
(h) Interview is not required. Those who have not received a reply from the Department of Justice by 2 July 2021 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
How to apply:
(a) Hong Kong students studying in local post-secondary institutions should apply through the Student Affairs Offices/Career Centres of their respective institutions.
(b) Students studying in non-local post-secondary institutions should download application forms on the website of the Department of Justice (http://www.doj.gov.hk). Completed application form should be accompanied by copies of academic transcripts of current study and certificates of HKDSEE / HKCEE or equivalent and posted to the address below via the applicant’s institution or by the applicant together with the original copy of a reference letter issued by his/her respective institution by 5 February 2021 (according to postmark). Please mark “Application for Summer Intern (non-law)” on the envelope.
Personnel and Establishment Section, Department of Justice (Attn: EO(P)4), 8/F., West Wing, Justice Place, 18 Lower Albert Road, Central, Hong Kong.