Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch
Temporary Clerk (Swimming Pool)
$11,925 per month
Candidates should have:
(1) completed secondary 5, or equivalent;
(2) Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination or in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent; and
(3) good knowledge on the use of general computer softwares (including Microsoft Word and Excel) and Chinese and English typing skills.
[Note: For non-civil service appointment purpose, ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 2’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.]
Applications are invited for the position of Temporary Clerk (Swimming Pool) at the public swimming pools of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department for the period from March to October or November in the year 2021.
Mainly responsible for handling booking matters relating to swimming pools, processing payments, answering enquiries and performing general administrative, personnel and clerical duties.
[Note: Working Hours: The incumbent will be required to work 44 hours (including meal breaks) per week. They are also required to work shifts (including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) during the period from 6:00 am to 10:30 pm according to supervisors’ arrangements and may be required to work overtime.]
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms.
Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity leave/paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(A) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(B) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(C) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(D) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(E) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(F) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau's website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(G) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the above enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Completed application forms should reach the following enquiry address on or before the closing date. Please specify on the envelope “Application for Temporary Clerk (Swimming Pool)”. Applications which are incomplete, late, submitted by fax or email, not duly signed by the applicants, or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered.
(2) Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(3) If the applicants submit the applications by mail, they should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of applications. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application.
(4) Candidates who are invited for selection interview will normally receive an invitation in about 6-8 weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for selection interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch, 7/F., Leisure & Cultural Services Headquarters, 1-3 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong