$23,249 per month
* Extra training allowances will be paid to candidates who have attended the training courses with satisfactory performance in venues provided by the Census and Statistics Department and have reported for duty.
Applicants must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment. Applicants should possess a mature personality with the ability to work independently, and fulfill the following criteria:
(a) Have a bachelor’s degree or above from a Hong Kong university, or equivalent; and
(b) Be able to read and write Chinese and English, and be fluent in Cantonese and English; and
(c) With at least one year’s work experience in
(i) training; or
(ii) supervising staff in providing customer services; and
(d) Possess basic computer operation knowledge.
Priority will be given to the following applicants:
(a) Being unemployed at the time of application; or
(b) Can provide document proof for
(i) having at least one year’s work experience in training a class of at least 10 persons; or
(ii) having at least one year’s work experience in supervising at least 10 staff in providing customer services; or
(iii) having fieldwork experience in the 2016 Population By-census or household surveys conducted by the Census and Statistics Department in the past 5 years.
(1) To assist the Centre Supervisor in performing administrative and coordination duties;
(2) To train and lead Enumerators and Enumerators (Special Area);
(3) To perform fieldwork to obtain census data and follow up on cases, if required; and
(4) To head a division, supervise the progress and quality of the work of the division, and ensure proper completion of census fieldwork.
For details, please visit https://www.census2021.gov.hk/en/recruitment.html
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Successful candidate will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms from 16 July 2021 to 4 August 2021 (20 days, incl. 2 rest days)
(2) The appointee will be required to work 9 hours per day, usually 13:00 to 22:00, and will be required to work irregular hours.
* The normal working hours may be varied to meet operational requirements.
Rest days and alternative holidays, if applicable, will be pre-arranged within the employment period, subject to the actual circumstances such as weather conditions and work arrangements.
(1) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(2) Terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(3) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(4) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete online exercise(s).
(5) It is a Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to complete online exercise(s) without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit their applications via the website of the “Online Job Application System for the 2021 Population Census” within the designated application period. All applications will be time-stamped based on the system time of the submission. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. To ensure timely submission of online applications, applicants are strongly advised to complete their online application as early as possible in order to avoid any last-minute rush of applications which may overload the online system.
2021 Population Census Office
39/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong