(b) 考生在綜合招聘考試的中文運用及英文運用試卷的成績分為二級、一級或不及格，當中以二級為最高等級。政府在聘任公務員時，香港中學文憑考試中國語文科第5級或以上成績;或香港高級程度會考中國語文及文化、中國語言文學或中國語文科C級或以上成績，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試中文運用試卷的二級成績。香港中學文憑考試中國語文科第4級成績;或香港高級程度會考中國語文及文化、中國語言文學或中國語文科D級的成績，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試中文運用試卷的一級成績。香港中學文憑考試英國語文科第5級或以上成績;或香港高級程度會考英語運用科C級或以上成績;或General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) (GCE A Level) English Language科C級或以上成績，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試英文運用試卷的二級成績。香港中學文憑考試英國語文科第4級成績;或香港高級程度會考英語運用科D級成績;或GCE A Level English Language科D級成績，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試英文運用試卷的一級成績。在International English Language Testing System (IELTS)學術模式整體分級取得6.5或以上，並在同一次考試中各項個別分級取得不低於6的成績的申請人，在IELTS考試成績的兩年有效期內，會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試英文運用試卷的二級成績。IELTS考試成績必須在職位申請期內其中任何一日有效。
(c) 政府在聘任公務員時，2007年前的香港中學會考中國語文科和英國語文科(課程乙) C 級和E 級成績，在行政上會分別視為等同2007年或之後香港中學會考中國語文科和英國語文科第3級和第2級成績。
General Disciplined Services (Officer) Pay Scale Point 7 ($39,310) per month to General Disciplined Services (Officer) Pay Scale Point 26 [Note (a)]($84,250) per month.
(1) (a) have a bachelor’s degree from a Hong Kong university, or equivalent; and have met the language proficiency requirements of Level 1 results in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) [Note (b)] in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE), or equivalent; and be able to speak fluent Cantonese and English; ($ 43,845 per month) or
(b) have a bachelor’s degree from a Hong Kong university, or an accredited Associate Degree from a Hong Kong tertiary institution, or a Higher Diploma from a Hong Kong polytechnic university / polytechnic / Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education / technical college, or a Diploma from a registered post-secondary college issued after the date of its registration, or equivalent; and have met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 [Note (c)] or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent; and be able to speak fluent Cantonese and English; ($41,560 per month) or
(c) (i) have Level 3 or equivalent [Note (d)] or above in 5 subjects in HKDSEE, or equivalent; or (ii) have Grade E or above in 2 subjects at Advanced Level in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination and Level 3 [Note (c)] / Grade C or above in 3 other subjects in HKCEE, or equivalent; and (iii) have met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 [Note (c)] or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent; and be able to speak fluent Cantonese and English. (Note: the subjects in (i) and (ii) may include Chinese Language and English Language.) ($39,310 per month)
(2) be able to pass an eyesight test (without spectacles);
(3) be able to pass a physical fitness test and job-related performance test (please refer to Fire Services Department's website or call the recruitment hotline for details);
(4) be able to pass a written aptitude test; and
(5) be able to pass a practical aptitude test.
(a) New recruits joining the Station Officer (Operational) rank from 1 January 2010 onwards will only advance to the General Disciplined Services (Officer) Pay Scale Point 22 and beyond after passing the relevant examination for advancement to Senior Station Officer (Operational).
(b) Candidates’ results in the Use of Chinese (UC) and Use of English (UE) papers in the CRE are classified as Level 2, Level 1 or Fail, with Level 2 being the highest. For civil service appointment purpose, Level 5 or above in Chinese Language of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE); or Grade C or above in Chinese Language and Culture or Chinese Language and Literature of the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE), are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UC paper of the CRE. Level 4 in Chinese Language of the HKDSEE; or Grade D in Chinese Language and Culture or Chinese Language and Literature of the HKALE, are accepted as equivalent to Level 1 in the UC paper of the CRE. Level 5 or above in English Language of the HKDSEE; or Grade C or above in Use of English of the HKALE; or Grade C or above in English Language of the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) (GCE A Level), are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UE paper of the CRE. Level 4 in English Language of the HKDSEE; or Grade D in Use of English of the HKALE; or Grade D in English Language of the GCE A Level, are accepted as equivalent to Level 1 in the UE paper of the CRE. Candidates with an overall band of 6.5 or above with no subtest score below band 6 obtained in the same sitting in the Academic Module of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) within the two-year validity period of the test result are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the UE Paper of the CRE. The IELTS test result must be valid on any date during the application period.
(c) For civil service appointment purpose, Grade C and Grade E in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to Level 3 and Level 2 respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(d) For civil service appointment purpose, “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in HKDSEE.
(e) Degree-holding applicants will be eligible for the degree pay point if they possess the requisite results in the Use of English and Use of Chinese papers in the CRE or equivalent at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(f) Students who will attain the requisite academic qualification within the current academic year may also apply; if selected, appointment will be subject to their obtaining the requisite academic qualification within the current academic year.
(g) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the selection interview.
(h) For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their BL knowledge. The BL test result will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate’s overall assessment.
A Station Officer (Operational) is mainly deployed on (1) taking charge of a fire station or an emergency appliance; (2) providing training for Firemen/Firewomen; (3) commanding and leading Firemen/Firewomen in emergency and fire protection duties; and (4) taking part in administrative duties such as staff management and planning duties. [Note: A Station Officer (Operational) is subject to discipline; and is required to work shifts, perform "on-call" duties and wear uniforms.]
Terms of Appointment:
New recruits will be appointed on prevailing probationary terms for 3 years and may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms upon satisfactory completion of the probation period. Before passage of probation bar, appointees should (a) pass an examination at the conclusion of the Foundation Training Course; (b) pass various assessments and examinations throughout the probation period; (c) pass the Physical Fitness Assessment within 6 months before confirmation; and (d) subject to satisfactory completion of service, fulfilment of the requirements of the grade and service need.
Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, housing assistance.
(1) Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
(2) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(3) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(4) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail together with the application form to the Appointments Section, 8/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon. Candidates with non-local academic qualifications who apply on-line should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail, within one week after their submission of application to the above address, and the on-line application number should be quoted on the envelope and the copies of supporting documents. If candidates fail to provide the supporting documents as requested, their applications will not be considered.
(5) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(6) The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and it may be subject to changes.
(7) Candidates will be invited to attend the Preliminary Eyesight Test, Physical Fitness Test and Job-related Performance Test. They will normally receive an invitation in one to four weeks after their submission of applications. Invitation will be issued via email. Please ensure email address is properly provided. Those candidates who have passed the above tests will be invited to attend the Written Aptitude Test. Those who are not invited for the Written Aptitude Test may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. For enquiries, please telephone 2733 7673.
(8) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/trade test without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau's website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
How to apply:
(1) Candidates may apply: (a) by submitting the completed application form [G.F.340 (Rev. 3/2013)] in person to the drop box provided at G/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon (opening hours: Monday to Friday (except public holiday) – 9:00 am to 6:30 pm); or (b) by post, forwarding a completed application form [G.F.340 (Rev. 3/2013)] to the Appointments Section, 8/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. Please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post; or (c) by on-line application through the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) Application Forms [G.F.340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any fire stations or ambulance depots, Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department and Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(3) All applications must be submitted in accordance with the aforesaid methods. Applications which are incomplete and applications submitted through other means will not be considered.
Appointments Section, 8/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon.
Applications are accepted all year round until further notice.