Post Title (a):
Day Shift (0830-1730): $70 per hour
Night Shift (1730-0830 the next day): $86 per hour
Post Title (b):
HK$56.5 per hour
Applicants should have:
(a) completed Secondary 5 and
(i) Level 2 or equivalent (Note 1) or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; or
(ii) Level 2 (Note 3) / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (IHKCEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; and
(b) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 (Note 3) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent.
(c) a good knowledge of the use of general computer software (including Microsoft Word and Excel) and Chinese and English typing skills.
(1) “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2)The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3)‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
Post Title (a):
(1) To assist in the operation of the Home Affairs Department’s temporary shelters/ temporary cold shelters/ temporary night heat shelters in Community Halls and Community Centres when activated, including registration of shelter users, distributing meals, handling enquiries and complaints, patrolling the shelter and overseeing the work of Shelter Assistants and contractual staff (such as security guards and cleansing staff); and
(2) To handle any other appropriate duties assigned.
Post Title (b):
(1) To assist in the formation of MAC/OC and other related matters;
(2) To assist in organizing district-based activities and promoting participation of CI activities;
(3) To assist in meetings and clerical work;
(4) To assist DO staff in matters relating to building management;
(5) To assist in the supervision of activities and management of CH/CC;
(6) To conduct research if necessary; and
(7) Any other suitable duties assigned by the office.
Terms of Appointment:
Post Title (a) & (b):
(1) Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for a period of 12 months.
(2) Part-time basis, with irregular working hours; and may need to work anytime on weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays as required.
Post Title (a):
(3) Required to work overnight or shift duty if necessary.
Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340(Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centres of Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed application forms together with copies of academic qualifications should reach the address below by post or in person on or before the closing date. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. For submission in person, the application should reach the address below by 5 p.m. of the closing date. Please specify on the envelope “Application for Community Organizer”. Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting documents will not be considered. Applicants who are not invited for interview within 6-8 weeks from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Southern District Office,1/F, Ocean Court, 3 Aberdeen Praya Road, Aberdeen, Hong Kong