Chinese News and Current Affairs Section, Radio & Corporate Programming Division
JT1 – Summer Intern (Student Intern)
$5,000 per month
(1) Full-time post-secondary students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism / Media & related studies;
(2) Good video filming skills;
(3) Good broadcasting voice;
(4) Acute touch for current affairs;
(5) Applicants may be required to sit for a typing test (Cangjie or Simplified Cangjie) and/or a voice test; and
(6) Must submit recommendation letter from concerned institution.
(1) To assist in various reporting duties, editing, compiling and presenting news bulletins, programme preparation / production; and
(2) To assist in electronic media reporting.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for around two-month period, probably starting from June 2021, under the summer internship programme.
Except otherwise provided, candidate's eligibility for rest day, statutory holiday, sickness days and sickness allowances will be in line with the provisions in the Employment Ordinance (Cap. 57).
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Summer interns are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The allowance payable, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interview and/or trade test.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the interview / trade test without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) The number of interns required may be subject to change depending on a host of factors including the prevailing policy from time to time.
(h) Final-year students will be considered only if the internship is required by their institution for the completion of the programmes/courses the student is pursuing. A confirmation letter issued by the institution should be submitted together with the application form.
(i) The applicant under the summer internship programme will be regarded as ‘student interns’, as defined in the Minimum Wage Ordinance and exempt from the minimum wage requirements. Candidates should comply with the following -
(1) they must be students either pursuing a full-time accredited post-secondary programme (Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree or Higher Diploma) provided by a local education institution specified in Schedule 1 to the Minimum Wage Ordinance or pursuing a full-time education programme for a non-local academic qualification at degree level; and
(2) as a ‘student intern’ – the candidate’s application should be endorsed by the education institution and the work being applied for should be a compulsory or elective component of the requirements of the programme being provided by the institution to the applicant.
Successful applicants have to provide documentary proof for the above.
How to apply:
(a) Applications should be made on the application form (S.I.Form 1) available at RTHK’s Internet website (http://app3.rthk.hk/recruit/index_e.php). Completed forms should be sent to the address below by post or by hand on or before the closing date for application. For submissions by post, applicants should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is paid. An applicant will bear any consequences arising from not paying sufficient postage. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of submission of application. For submissions by hand, completed application forms should reach the below address during office hours (Monday to Friday 8:45 a.m – 6 p.m. Lunch break 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.). Applications which are late, incomplete, submitted by fax or by e-mail or not made in the prescribed form will NOT be considered. Students who are selected for interview / trade test will normally receive an invitation within 6 weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview / trade test may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
(b) Applicant should state his / her priority of preference in the application form. Each applicant only needs to fill in one set of application form. The job reference number(s) and job title(s) concerned should be clearly marked in the application form. Radio Television Hong Kong only accepts the application form (S.I.Form 1) available at RTHK’s Internet website. Other application forms will not be considered.
Recruitment Section, 5/F., One Mongkok Road Commercial Centre, 1 Mong Kok Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong