職位編號: 35267 部門: 康樂及文化事務署 職位名稱: 泳灘季節性救生員先導訓練計劃（二Ｏ一五年泳季） 薪酬: 月薪6,975元/14,815元* 入職條件: 申請人必須
註: 康樂及文化事務署現邀請合資格人士申請泳灘季節性救生員先導訓練計劃。成功獲聘者會以見習泳灘季節性救生員身份接受為期一個月的培訓，圓滿完成和通過由本署指定的培訓和考試後，會獲本署直接聘用為泳灘季節性救生員，在二Ｏ一五年泳季期間依從本署的調派在其轄下位於離島區、南區、西貢區、屯門區和荃灣區的任何一個公眾泳灘執行拯溺及相關任務。 職責: 見習泳灘季節性救生員
附註: (a) 除另有指明外，申請人於獲聘時必須已成為香港特別行政區永久性居民。
申請手續: （一） 申請人須把填妥的申請表格，連同有關拯溺證書（泳池救生章或以上級別證書）的副本，在截止日期前交回查詢地址。請在信封面上註明「申請泳灘季節性救生員先導訓練計劃」。
（二） 申請表格[G.F. 340(3/2013修訂版)]可向民政事務署各區民政事務處諮詢服務中心或勞工處就業科各就業中心索取，或從公務員事務局互聯網站(http://www.csb.gov.hk)下載。
查詢地址: 香港新界沙田排頭街1-3號康樂及文化事務署總部7樓康樂事務部聘用及編制小組 查詢電話: 2601 8713 截止申請日期(日/月/年) : 18/12/2014 23:59:00 刊登職位報章及日期: 明報: 5/12/2014 及 12/12/2014; Recruit: 5/12/2014 及 9/12/2014 經互聯網遞交申請: 不適用 發布日期 05/12/2014
Job Number: 35267 Department: Leisure and Cultural Services Department Job Title: Beach Seasonal Lifeguard Pilot Training Scheme (2015 Swimming Season) Salary: $6,975/$14,815* per month Entry Requirements: Candidates should -
(1) possess a Pool Lifeguard Award or above issued by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society which should be valid up to 31 October 2015 or beyond;
(2) preferably possess a valid First Aid Certificate issued by the St. John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross or Auxiliary Medical Service;
(3) attain a level of proficiency in Chinese and English languages equivalent to Primary 6 standard; and
(4) pass an eyesight test and the Ishihara’s Test for colour-blindness. (A candidate’s visual acuity should be at least 6/60, i.e. myopia not exceeding roughly 300 degrees. Wearing of plastic corrective lens and goggles with appropriate prescription while on duty is mandatory unless candidates have unaided good eyesight for lifesaving duties.)
(1) Applicants will not be considered if they possess a valid Beach Lifeguard Award or above issued by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society by the closing date of application.
(2) Candidates without supporting documents of the Chinese and English languages proficiency of (3) above may also apply. There will be assessments of Chinese and English languages proficiency during an interview.
(3) The monthly salary of beach seasonal lifeguard trainee is $6,975. If he/she is appointed as a beach seasonal lifeguard immediately after successfully completing and passing the training and examinations as designated by the LCSD, he/she will be remunerated with the monthly salary of a beach seasonal lifeguard at $14,815 with effect from the date on appointment to a beach seasonal lifeguard.*
(4) The LCSD reserves the rights to modify, abort or cancel the Beach Seasonal Lifeguard Pilot Training Scheme.)
Note: The Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) is inviting eligible persons to apply for the Beach Seasonal Lifeguard Pilot Training Scheme. Successful candidates will become beach seasonal lifeguard trainees to receive one-month training. After successfully completing and passing the training and examinations as designated by the LCSD, trainees will be appointed as beach seasonal lifeguards direct by the LCSD to perform lifesaving and related duties at any public beaches of the Islands, Southern, Sai Kung, Tuen Mun and Tsuen Wan Districts as deployed by the LCSD throughout the swimming season of 2015. Duties: Beach Seasonal Lifeguard Trainee
The trainees mainly receive training in lifesaving and get familiar with the daily operation of the beach for the purpose of acquisition of Beach Lifeguard Award issued by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society. They are also required to offer general venue operational support during their attachment to any public beaches.
Beach Seasonal Lifeguard
(1) To ensure the safety of swimmers at public beaches of this department;
(2) To rescue swimmers in distress;
(3) To maintain order; and
(4) To assist in cleaning work, etc.
The trainees are required to pay the fees (around $2,500 in total) for the related vocational training courses (provided by relevant professional institutions) and / or professional examinations to be taken by them in their first month of employment.
The course and examination fees will be refunded to those who have successfully completed and passed the training and examinations as designated by the LCSD, accepted the direct appointment as beach seasonal lifeguards and completed the whole contract period of beach seasonal lifeguards.
On abortion and cancellation of the Scheme, the LCSD will refund to the trainees the amount of fees that they have paid.
The course and examination fees will not be refunded to those trainees in any one of the following situations –
(1) those who fail to successfully complete the training as designated by the LCSD;
(2) those who fail to pass the examinations as designated by the LCSD;
(3) those who do not accept the direct appointment as beach seasonal lifeguards after successfully completing and passing the training and examinations; or
(4) those who fail to complete the whole contract period as beach seasonal lifeguards.
Beach Seasonal Lifeguard Trainee
A trainee is required to work 45 hours net per week (excluding meal breaks), to work irregular hours, overtime and shifts (including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) and actual working hours will be arranged by supervisors.
Beach Seasonal Lifeguard
The conditioned working hours of a beach seasonal lifeguard are 45 hours net per week and seven and a half hours per day (excluding meal breaks). The incumbents are required to work shifts during the period from 6:15 am to 10:15 pm according to supervisors’ arrangements or to work overtime. They are also required to work on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Terms of Appointment: Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms.
The Scheme will begin in around first quarter 2015. Trainees who have successfully completed and passed the training and examinations as designated by LCSD in the first month will be appointed as beach seasonal lifeguards immediately after the end of the training. On appointment to beach seasonal lifeguards, they are required to perform lifesaving and related duties at any public beaches as deployed by the LCSD throughout the swimming season of 2015.
Fringe Benefits Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
Upon satisfactory completion of a continuous contract for not less than three months (excluding the contract period of beach seasonal lifeguard trainee) and subject to satisfactory performance and conduct during the contract period, the beach seasonal lifeguard may be granted a gratuity as follows:
(1) For a continuous contract for three months or above but less than four months, the gratuity payable for the contract will be the sum which, when added to the Government's contribution as required by the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance (Cap 485), equals to 10% of the total basic salary of substantive office drawn during the period of contract (excluding the contract period of beach seasonal lifeguard trainee); or
(2) For a continuous contract for four months or above, the gratuity payable for the first three months of the contract will be the sum which, when added to the Government's contribution as required by the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance (Cap 485), equals to 10% of the total basic salary of substantive office drawn during the first three months of the contract (excluding the contract period of beach seasonal lifeguard trainee). The gratuity payable for the fourth and subsequent months of the contract will be the sum which, when added to the Government's contribution as required by the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance (Cap 485), equals to 15% of the total basic salary of substantive office drawn during the fourth and subsequent months of contract (excluding the contract period of beach seasonal lifeguard trainee).
General Notes: (a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply: (1) Completed application form together with photocopies of relevant lifesaving awards (Pool Lifeguard Award or above) should reach the enquiry address on or before the closing date for applications. Please specify on the envelope “Application for Beach Seasonal Lifeguard Pilot Training Scheme”.
(2) Application Forms (G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)) are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(3) Applications which are incomplete, late, or submitted by fax or email, or not duly signed, or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered.
(4) Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in 4 to 6 weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for the interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Enquiry Address: Appointments and Establishment Unit, Leisure Services Branch, 7/F., Leisure & Cultural Services Headquarters, 1-3 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong Enquiry Telephone: 2601 8713 Closing Date(dd/mm/yyyy): 18/12/2014 23:59:00 Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s): Ming Pao Daily: 5/12/2014 & 12/12/2014; Recruit: 5/12/2014 & 9/12/2014 Application via Internet: Not Applicable Advertising Date 05/12/2014