Model Scale 1 Pay Scale Point 0 ($11,055) per month to Model Scale 1 Pay Scale Point 8 ($13,035) per month
The post is open to both male and female applicants. Candidates should be able to –
(a) communicate in Cantonese/Chinese and simple English;
(b) read simple Chinese and simple English; and
(c) write simple Chinese or simple English.
(1) Candidates will be required to pass a trade test.
(2) For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, assessment of BL knowledge will be included in the recruitment for all civil service jobs. Candidates who are invited to attend the selection interview will be tested orally on their BL knowledge during the interview. The results of BL assessment will be taken into account only if two candidates are considered equal in all other aspects.
Mainly deployed on –
(a) general manual duties, such as moving office furniture / equipment, loading and unloading of stores, stationery and printed materials, etc;
(b) messengerial duties including indoor and outdoor collection and delivery of documents, mails and other articles, filling in simple mailing register and purchase of sundries, etc;
(c) general administration support duties, such as opening and locking exits, manning reception counter, photocopying and sorting / binding of papers and documents, preparing venues for meetings and activities, escorting visitors to officers’ rooms, conference rooms or training rooms; and ;
(d) pantry services, cleansing work and other minor office duties.
(1) Required to work 45 hours net per week. The new appointee would be mainly deployed to work at the Hong Kong Island. He/she may be required to work irregular hours, overtime, outdoor, in adverse weather conditions, shifts and in different locations (including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays).
(2) This is a recruitment jointly conducted by the Audit Commission, Department of Justice and Innovation and Technology Commission. Applicants are only required to submit one application form which will be considered by the three Departments at the same time.
(3) Successful candidates will be under the grade management of the head of the department to which they are appointed. They are subject to posting to fill vacancies and carry out different duties in the same grade in other Government bureaux/departments when the need arises.
Terms of Appointment:
New appointees will normally be appointed on civil service probationary terms for three years. Upon passage of probation bar, the officer may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to changes.
(f) Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, assistance in housing.
(g) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend trade test and/or interview.
(h) It is government policy to place people with disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the trade test and/or interview without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(i) Towards the application deadline, our on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
(j) Civil service vacancies information contained in this column is also available on the homepage of Audit Commission (http://www.aud.gov.hk) , the homepage of Department of Justice (http://www.doj.gov.hk) and the homepage of the Innovation and Technology Commission (http://www.itc.gov.hk).
How to apply:
Candidates should apply to the Department of Justice with a completed application form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)], which is obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms should reach the enquiry address below on or before the closing date for application. Please state “Application for Workman II” on the envelope. Online applications can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applicants should state clearly in their applications details of their academic qualifications, skills and relevant working experience. Applicants should state the details of working experience related to the job duties, such as names of the firms, post titles, job duties and employment periods. Applications which are submitted by fax or by email, late, or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered.
Candidates who are selected for trade test and/or interview will normally receive the invitation in about eight to ten weeks from the closing date for application. This period may be longer in exceptional circumstances, e.g. when a large number of applications are received or when there are other complications. Those who are not invited for trade test and/or interview may assume their applications are unsuccessful.
Appointments Unit, Department of Justice, Room 3131, 31st floor, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Hong Kong