Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
Student Finance Office
Contract Assistant Clerk (less than 12-month contract)
HK$10,020 per month
(1) Completed Secondary 4, or equivalent;
(2) Good command of both oral and written English and Chinese;
(3) Being skilful in Chinese and English word processing and the operation of computer software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Access, etc) ; and
(4) Possessed at least six months’ full-time clerical working experience preferred.
(1) Applicants must provide the supporting documents proving that they have attained the above-mentioned academic qualifications and working experience. Applications will not be considered if the applicants fail to provide the supporting documents.
(2) There may be a trade test before the interview.
(1) Assist in processing applications for financial assistance and handling matters of payment, re-payment, etc;
(2) Provide clerical support (including word processing, data entry, etc);
(3) Provide other general office support (including photocopying, filing and delivering documents); and
(4) Handle public enquiries at counter and via hotlines.
Terms of Appointment:
The successful candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for less than 12 months.
10 days of annual leave whereas rest days, public holidays, maternity leave and sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms, together with photocopies of academic result/certificates and employment proof (e.g. employment certificates, reference letters, etc), should reach the address below not later than 3 June 2015. Please state “Application for Contract Assistant Clerk” on the envelope. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within 8 weeks from the closing date of application may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Applications which are late or not duly signed will not be considered.
Student Finance Office, 12/F., Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon (Attn: Personnel Section)