Candidates should have -
(a) (i) Level 2 or equivalent [Note (1)] or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent; or
(ii) Level 2 / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent; and
(b) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent.
(1) “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2) The subjects in (a) above may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3) ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 2’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(4) Candidates who are invited to attend the recruitment interview will be assessed through a computer typing test immediately before or after the interview on the same date.
(1) To provide clerical and secretarial support in the organization of community involvement campaigns and projects;
(2) To provide clerical and secretarial support for the daily operation of District Council;
(3) To provide clerical and secretarial support for the Committees/Working Groups under District Council; and
(4) Other related duties as and when required.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms. A contract from the date of appointment to 31 March 2016 will be offered to the successful candidate.
Place of Work : Islands District Office, and other location as assigned; may be required to work outdoor.
Working Hours : 44 hours per week, may be required to work on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms together with copies of (i) academic qualifications (including copies of certificates and transcripts showing the results achieved in Chinese and English languages) should reach 20th Floor, Harbour Building, 38 Pier Road, Central, Hong Kong (Attn.: Mr Sam WONG) on or before the closing date. If the applicants fail to provide all infromation as requested (inculding supporting documents), their application will not be considered. Please also specify "Application for Project Assistant(District Council)” on the cover. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about three weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Islands District Office, 20th Floor, Harbour Building, 38 Pier Road, Central, Hong Kong (Attn.: Mr Sam WONG)