Applicants should have -
(1) (i) Level 2 or equivalent [See Note (1)] or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) [See Note (2)], or equivalent; or (ii) Level 2 [See Note (3)] / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) [See Note (2)], or equivalent ;
(2) Language proficiency requirements of Level 2 [See Note (3)] or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent;
(3) Good command of Cantonese and English, proficiency in Putonghua is preferred;
(4) Good communication skills;
(5) Basic computer knowledge and operation e.g. MS Word and Excel; and
(6) Legal knowledge is an advantage.
(1) “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2)The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3)‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) Act as receptionist and messenger;
(2) Answer telephone and in person enquiries in respect of the Pilot Scheme to Provide Legal Advice for Litigants in Person (Pilot Scheme);
(3) Assist applicants in the completion of the application forms;
(4) Input data and prepare returns and statistics;
(5) Perform general office duties; and
(6) Any other duties as arranged by senior officers of the Pilot Scheme Office.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidate will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for a period of 12 months.
A gratuity may be granted at the end of the contract period if the contract is satisfactorily completed with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. The amount of gratuity payable will be the sum which, when added to the Government’s contribution to the Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Scheme as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, equals to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period. In addition to statutory holidays, 12 days paid annual leave, maternity leave and sickness allowance will be granted to the applicant. Details of which will be confirmed at the time of the offer of appointment.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed application forms, together with copies of official transcripts, certificates of academic qualifications and supporting documents on working experience, should reach the Executive Officer, Civic Affairs Division (2), Home Affairs Bureau, 13/F, West Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong on or before the closing date for application. Please mark “Application for General Clerk” on the envelope. Applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting documents will not be considered. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about six weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Executive Officer, Civic Affairs Division (2), Home Affairs Bureau, 13/F, West Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong