Price Analysis & Research Section and Census Planning Branch (2)
HK$11,390 per month
(a) (i) Level 2 or equivalent (Note 1) or above in five subjects (including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics) in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent; or (ii) Level 2/Grade E (Note 2) or above in five subjects (including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics) in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent; and
(b) Proficiency in both Chinese and English word processing (Note 3); and
(c) Good knowledge in the application of common business software including MS Word and Excel (Note 4).
(1) For appointment purpose, ‘Attained with Distinction’ in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2) For appointment purpose, ‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(3) Candidates should be able to perform Chinese word processing of 20 words per minute and English word processing of 30 words per minute. Candidates invited for interview may be required to sit for the word processing speed test.
(4) Candidates invited for interview may be required to sit for the skills test.
(a) Perform data editing, coding and input of survey questionnaires;
(b) Prepare and process fieldwork documents;
(c) Perform administrative and clerical duties such as preparing administrative records, processing notices/query letters and general computer word processing including Chinese and English typing;
(d) Handle telephone enquiries;
(e) Perform other duties as required; and
(f) May be required to perform outdoor duties and work irregular hours.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidate will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for about 6 to 12 months.
The eligibility for the annual leave, rest days, statutory holidays (or substitute holidays), maternity leave, paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with those provided for under the Employment Ordinance.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the interview without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms should reach the following enquiry address of the recruiting department on or before the closing date for applications. Applicants must attach copies of their diplomas/certificates, copies of official transcripts of studies and employment proof to their application forms, otherwise their applications will NOT be considered. Please specify on the envelope “Application for the Position of General Clerk”. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about four to six weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Price Analysis & Research Section, Census and Statistics Department, Units 1802-06, 18/F, Kwun Tong View, 410 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong