Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
Student Finance Office
Processing Officer (12-month contract)
HK$11,510 per month
(1) (a) Level 2 or equivalent or above in five subjects (including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics) in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent; or
(b) Level 2 / Grade E or above in five subjects (including Chinese Language, English Language (Syllabus B) and Mathematics) in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
(2) A minimum of 1 year’s full-time clerical and / or customer service working experience;
(3) Have good computer knowledge, possess Chinese and English word processing skills and proficient in the use of computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Access, etc;
(4) Good oral and writing ability in both Chinese and English;
(5) Good communication skills, logical thinking and team spirit; and
(6) Customer service working experience will be an advantage.
Applicants must provide the supporting documents proving that they have attained the above-mentioned academic qualifications and working experience. Applications will not be considered if the applicants fail to provide the supporting documents.
(1) Provide customer service and handle public enquiries via hotlines;
(2) Assist in processing applications for student financial assistance and handling payment and recovery matters, etc;
(3) Collect and vet application documents submitted by applicants;
(4) Supervise clerical staff in processing applications for student financial assistance, handling payment and recovery matters and general administrative duties;
(5) Provide general office support; and
(6) Provide clerical and administrative support to supervisors.
Terms of Appointment:
The successful candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for 12 months.
10 days of annual leave whereas rest days, statutory holidays (or substitute holidays), maternity leave and sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance. A gratuity may be granted at the end of the contract period if the contract is satisfactorily completed with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will equal to 10% of the total basic salary received during the contract period.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application forms [G.F.340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms, together with photocopies of academic result/certificates and employment proof (e.g. employment certificates, reference letters, etc), should reach the address below not later than 9/9/2015. Please state "Application for Processing Officer" on the envelope. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within 8 weeks from the closing date of application may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Applications which are late or not duly signed will not be considered.
Student Finance Office, 12/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon (Attn: Personnel Section).