(a)(i) Level 2 or equivalent (Note 1) or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (“HKDSEE”) (Note 2), or equivalent; or
(ii) Level 2 (Note 3) / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (“HKCEE”) (Note 2), or equivalent;
(b) Met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 (Note 3) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent; and
(c) Chinese word processing speed of 20 words per minute and English word processing speed of 30 words per minute.
(Note: Candidates will be required to pass the Chinese and English word processing speed test.)
(1) For appointment purpose, “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2) The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3) For appointment purpose, “Grade E” in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to “Level 2” in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
Mainly deployed on general clerical duties which may involve one or a combination of the following aspects –
(a) court support and registry services; (b) general office support; (c) personnel; (d) finance and accounts; (e) customer service; (f) library services; (g) information technology support, etc.
Judiciary Assistants are required to undertake typing duties and use information technology applications in the discharge of duties. They may also be required to undertake outdoor work, work irregular hours or shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays, and wear uniform at work.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for six months.
A gratuity may be granted at the end of contract period if the contract is satisfactorily completed with consistently satisfactory standard of performance and conduct. Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Scheme in respect of an appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will be equal to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period. Appointees will be granted 7 days of paid annual leave for the contract period. Other fringe benefits, such as rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), maternity leave, paternity leave and sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions in the Employment Ordinance, Chapter 57 of the Laws of Hong Kong.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the basic entry requirements, the Judiciary may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the selection interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a candidate with disability meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the trade test, and the subsequent selection interview after he / she has passed the trade test, without being subject to further shortlisting.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions / Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by post or by hand to the above enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Offices of the Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
Completed application forms should reach the Corporate Services Division of the Judiciary, Room LG 212, LG2/F, High Court Building, 38 Queensway, Hong Kong by post or by hand not later than the closing date for application. Please specify “Application for the post of Contract Judiciary Assistant” on the envelope. Applicants should state in details in the application forms their academic qualifications and work experience, and attach photocopies of the relevant supporting documents.
Applications which are submitted by fax or by email, incomplete, late, not duly signed, without copies of the required documents or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered. Candidates who meet the academic and language proficiency requirements will normally receive the invitation for speed test in about eight to ten weeks after the closing date for application, and invitation for the interview in four weeks after passing the speed test. Candidates who are not invited for the speed test or the subsequent interview within the stipulated time frame may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Corporate Services Division, the Judiciary, Room LG 212, LG 2/F, High Court Building, 38 Queensway, Hong Kong.