Candidates should have –
(a) (i) Level 2 or equivalent (Note 1) or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; or
(ii) Level 2 (Note 3) / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) (Note 2), or equivalent;
(b) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 (Note 3) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent;
(c) able to communicate in Cantonese and write fluent Chinese and English; and
(d) familiar with computer software application including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Input Method (e.g. Changjie / Quick).
(1) “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2)The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3)‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(a) To assist in coordinating, promoting and implementing activities, works and projects for community development and environment improvement;
(b) To provide administrative and clerical support for the daily operation in District Office;
(c)To handle enquiries and complaints; and
(d) To perform other related duties as required.
Terms of Appointment:
(a) Successful candidates will be appointed on Non-civil Service Contract Terms for one year. Further renewal should be subject to satisfactory performance, operational needs and availability of resources.
(b) May need to work on Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays or at non-office hours upon requests.
(c) May be required to work outdoor.
(1) Benefits such as rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity leave/ paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance; and
(2) A gratuity may normally be granted upon satisfactory completion of a contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct (applicable where the contractual conditions are met). Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will be equal to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Application forms (G.F.340 (Rev.3/2013)) are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) Completed application forms with copies of their academic qualification certificates and/or official transcripts and/or record of service from previous employers should reach North District Office by post or in person on or before the closing date. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. For submission in person, the application should reach North District Office by 1700 of the closing date. Please specify on the envelope “Application for the post of Project Assistant (North District)”.
(3) Late applications, application forms with insufficient postage, application forms which are incomplete or without the required copies of academic qualification certificates and/or official transcripts may not be considered.
(4) Applicants are required to provide their email addresses on the application forms. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation by email in about 8 to 12 weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
(5) As it takes time to process all applications, an invitation to the recruitment interview does not imply that the qualifications of an applicant meet the entry requirements of the post being applied for.
(6) Applicants are requested to bring with the following documents for interview:-
i. School Certificates (original copy);
ii. Record of service from previous employers (if any)(original copy); and
iii. One recent photo.
North District Office, 3/F, North District Government Offices, 3 Pik Fung Road, Fanling, New Territories