Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
Student Finance Office
Processing Supervisor (less than twelve months’ contract)
HK$15,480 per month
(1) Attaining five subjects at Level 2 / Grade E or above in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) / Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics). For those sitting for HKCEE in 2006 or before, at Grade E or above for English Language (Syllabus B) ;
(2) A minimum of 4 year’s full-time working experience and good job records (please provide supporting document), at least one year at supervisory level;
(3) Good command of both oral and written English and Chinese;
(4) Good computer knowledge;
(5) Responsible, self-motivated, with good communication skills and logical mind; and
(6) Well-organised, detailed-oriented, hardworking, patient and willing to learn
Applicants must provide the supporting documents proving that they have attained the above-mentioned academic qualifications and working experience. Applications will not be considered if the applicants fail to provide the supporting documents.
(1) To assist in handling general office administrative duties;
(2) To assist in processing applications for financial assistance and handling matters of payment, re-payment of student loan accounts (Note: maybe required to perform duties in court) , etc;
(3) To assist in overseeing the counter service and handling all matters relating to repayment of student loan under the financial assistance/loan schemes administered by the Agency;
(4) To answer general enquiries from public and handle complaint cases; and
(5) To perform other duties as assigned by senior officer.
Terms of Appointment:
The successful candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for less than 12 months.
10 days of annual leave whereas rest days, statutory holidays (or substitute holidays), maternity leave and sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application forms [G.F.340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms, together with photocopies of academic result/certificates and employment proof (e.g. employment certificates, reference letters, etc), should reach the below address not later than 3/6/2015. Please state "Application for Processing Supervisor" on the envelope. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within 8 weeks from the closing date of application may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Applications which are late or not duly signed will not be considered.
Student Finance Office, 12/F., Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon (Attn: Personnel Section)