Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch
Temporary Filtration Plant Room Operator
HK$15,680 or $14,830 per month
(a) have a Chinese and English language standard up to Primary Six or equivalent;
(b) possess the basic knowledge and experience of electrical and plumber work; and
(c) preferably have at least one year's work experience in the filtration plant room of a swimming pool.
Note: Those without supporting documents of the academic qualification of (a) above or without equivalent qualification may also apply, but they should be able to read and understand guidelines in Chinese, write simple Chinese and English and recognise common English words. They should pass the Chinese and English language proficiency assessments during the selection interview. The monthly salary of such applicants, if offered the appointment, will be adjusted to HK$14,830.
The Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) is inviting applications for the position of Temporary Filtration Plant Room Operator (TFPRO). Successful candidates will be employed to work in the filtration plant room of any public swimming pools, swimming pool complexes and large-scale parks of the LCSD for the swimming season in 2021 (usually from March to October/November).
(1) Operating the filtration plant, ozone disinfection system, chlorinators and other relevant apparatus; and ensuring that the operation of the plant is in order;
(2) Testing and adjusting the chemical content of the pool water to the required range;
(3) Applying lubrication and greasing the machines/equipment in the plant where necessary;
(4) Conducting minor repairing work to all fittings and equipment; and
(5) Keeping stock of tools and chemicals in the plant.
Note: The conditioned working hours are 45 hours net per week. The incumbent is required to work 7½ hours per day (excluding meal breaks). They are required to work shifts during the period from 6:00 am to 10:15 pm or to work overtime according to supervisors' arrangements. They are also required to work shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Terms of Appointment:
Applicants will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms.
Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity/paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from the Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the above enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) Completed application forms should reach the enquiry address on or before the closing date for applications. Please specify on the envelope "Application for non-civil service contract Temporary Filtration Plant Room Operator". Applications which are incomplete, late, submitted by fax or email, not duly signed by the applicants, or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered.
(3) Applicants should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application.
(4) Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in 6-8 weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for selection interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch, 8/F., Leisure & Cultural Services Headquarters, 1-3 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong