Candidates should have –
1.(a) (i) Level 2 or equivalent [Note (1)] or above in five subjects including Mathematics in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) [Note (2)], or equivalent; or
(ii) Level 2 [Note (3)] / Grade E or above in five subjects including Mathematics in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) [Note (2)], or equivalent;
(b) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 [Note (3)] or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent; and
(c) knowledge and hands-on experience in the application of common business software.
2. Preference will be given to candidates:
(a) with at least four years’ relevant working experience in (i) customer service (handling public enquiries and counter duties, etc.); and/or (ii) government departments/bureaux, and/or public organizations.
(1) For non-civil service employment purpose, “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2) The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3) For non-civil service employment purpose, “Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 2’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(4) Candidates are requested to indicate in the section under “Full Employment Record to date” on the application form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] details of their relevant working experience in customer service, in government departments/bureaux, and/or public organizations and provide documentary proof. Candidates failed to provide documentary proof will not be considered as having the working experience indicated on the form. (5) Candidates may be required to pass a test on computer skills.
A Senior Customer Service Officer is mainly deployed on general clerical and supervisory duties which may involve multi-tasks relating to one or a combination of the following functional areas :
(a) customer service; (b) licensing and registration; (c) general office support; and (d) other departmental support.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on one-year non-civil service contract terms.
Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity/paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms, together with (i) copies of certificates and transcripts of academic qualifications; and (ii) copies of documentary proof of the working experience, should be sent with an envelope clearly marked ‘Application for the post of Contract Senior Customer Service Officer’ to the enquiry address on or before the closing date for application (according to postmark date). Applications which are incomplete, late, not made in the prescribed form or submitted by fax or email will not be accepted. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about 6 to 8 weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Appointments Unit, 35/F, Arsenal House, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong