(a) (i) Level 2 or equivalent (Note1) or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (“HKDSEE”) (Note2), or equivalent; or
(ii) Level 2 (Note3) / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (“HKCEE”) (Note2), or equivalent;
(b) Met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 (Note3) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent;
(c) Chinese word processing speed of 30 words per minute and English word processing speed of 50 words per minute; and
(d) Shorthand or audio-typing skills.
(Note: Candidates will be required to pass the Chinese and English word processing speed test and audio-typing test.)
(1) For appointment purpose, “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2) The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3) For appointment purpose, “Grade E” in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to “Level 2” in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
Working to Judges direct or in various offices of the Judiciary to perform typing, word-processing (Chinese and English), audio-typing, shorthand and other secretarial duties. Overtime work may be required.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for 12 months.
A gratuity may be granted at the end of contract period if the contract is satisfactorily completed with consistently satisfactory standard of performance and conduct. Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Scheme in respect of an appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will be equal to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period. Appointee will be granted an annual leave of 14 days per year of service. Other fringe benefits, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions in the Employment Ordinance.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the Judiciary may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the trade tests and the subsequent selection interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the trade tests and the subsequent selection interview after he / she has passed the trade tests, without being subject to further shortlisting.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by post or by hand to the above address.
(8) Towards the application deadline, our on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Offices of the Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Online application can also be made through the Internet at the same website. Completed application forms should reach the Corporate Services Division of the Judiciary, Room LG 212, LG2/F, High Court Building, 38 Queensway, Hong Kong by post or by hand not later than the closing date for application. Please specify “Application for the post of Contract Personal Secretary” on the envelope. Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority should attach copies of their official transcripts and certificates. Candidates who apply on-line should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by post or by hand to the above specified address within one week after the close of application. The on-line application number should be quoted on the envelope and the copies of all supporting documents. Applications which are submitted by fax or by email, incomplete, late, not duly signed, without copies of the required documents or not made on the prescribed form will not be considered.
Candidates who meet the academic and language proficiency requirements will normally receive the invitation for trade tests in about six to eight weeks after the closing date for application. Candidates who are not invited for the trade tests or the subsequent interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Corporate Services Division, the Judiciary, Room LG 212, LG2/F, High Court Building, 38 Queensway, Hong Kong.