在International English Language Testing System (IELTS)學術模式整體分級取得6.5或以上，並在同一次考試中各項個別分級取得不低於6的成績的人士，在IELTS考試成績的兩年有效期內，其IELTS成績會視作已符合助理土力工程師職位的英文語文能力要求。IELTS考試成績必須在職位開始接受申請的首天(即2015年2月27日)仍然有效。申請人須隨申請表格夾附綜合招聘考試／香港高級程度會考／IELTS考試成績證明。
Master Pay Scale Point 19 (HK$31,120 per month) to Master Pay Scale Point 27 (HK$45,150 per month)
For Geotechnical Stream:
Candidates [See Note (1)] should have (a) satisfied in full the academic requirements for Corporate Membership of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) (Civil or Geotechnical Discipline), or equivalent; (b) completed the formal training pre-approved by the HKIE (Civil or Geotechnical Discipline), or equivalent, or have at least five years’ post-academic qualification experience in the field of Civil or Geotechnical Engineering at a professional level [See Notes (2) and (3)]; (c) a pass result in the Aptitude Test (AT) in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE) [See Note (4)]; and (d) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 1 results in the two language papers (Use of Chinese (UC) and Use of English (UE) in the CRE, or equivalent [See Note (4)] .
For Geologist Stream:
Candidates [See Note (1)] should have (a) satisfied in full the academic requirements for obtaining a recognized professional qualification in engineering geology or geology, or equivalent, such as Chartered Geologist status of the Geological Society of London, UK; and (b) completed the training scheme of a recognized professional body in engineering geology or geology, such as the Geological Society of London, UK, or equivalent, or have at least five years’ post-academic qualification experience in engineering geology or geology at a professional level [See Notes (2) and (3)]; (c) a pass result in the AT in the CRE [See Note (4)]; and (d) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 1 results in the two language papers (UC and UE) in the CRE, or equivalent [See Note (4)] .
(1) Candidates who have obtained or successfully passed professional assessment for the Corporate Membership (Civil or Geotechnical Discipline) of the HKIE (elected after 5 December 1975), or equivalent, or a recognized professional qualification in engineering geology or geology, or equivalent, such as Chartered Geologist status of the Geological Society of London, UK, at the time of appointment will NOT be considered for the Assistant Geotechnical Engineer post. Successful candidates will be required to make a declaration to that effect.
(2) Candidates holding qualifications for the Geotechnical Stream specified in (b) above have to provide proof of their completion of formal training with a Training Completion Certificate (Civil or Geotechnical Discipline) from the HKIE, or equivalent, or proof of post-academic qualification experience with a Pass in the Training Assessment (Civil or Geotechnical Discipline) by the HKIE, or equivalent, by 30 April 2015. Candidates holding qualifications for the Geologist Stream specified in (b) above have to provide proof of their completion of the training scheme of a recognized professional body, or proof of post-academic qualification experience in engineering geology or geology by the said date.
(3) Candidates in their third year of HKIE Scheme “A” Training (Civil or Geotechnical) or last year of the training scheme of a recognized professional body in engineering geology or geology, who will complete their formal training by 15 November 2015 can also apply for the post, and should attach proof of being in their third year of formal training (Civil or Geotechnical Discipline) pre-approved by the HKIE, or equivalent, or proof of being in their last year of the training scheme of a recognized professional body in engineering geology or geology to their applications.
(4) The results of AT paper in the CRE are classified as Pass or Fail. The results of the UC and UE papers in the CRE are classified as Level 2, Level 1 or Fail, with Level 2 being the highest. Grade C or above and Grade D in Use of English of the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE), or equivalent, are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 and Level 1 results respectively in the UE paper of the CRE. Grade C or above and Grade D in Chinese Language and Culture or Chinese Language and Literature of the HKALE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 and Level 1 results respectively in the UC paper of the CRE.
Applicants with an overall band of 6.5 or above with no subtest score below band 6 obtained in the same sitting in the Academic Module of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) within the two-year validity period of the test result are considered as having met the English language proficiency requirement of the Assistant Geotechnical Engineer post. The IELTS test result must be valid on the starting day of the application period, i.e. 27 February 2015. Candidates should attach copies of their CRE/HKALE/IELTS results to their applications.
(5) For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, assessment of BL knowledge will be included in the recruitment for all civil service jobs. Results of the BL test for degree or professional grades will be one of the considerations to assess the suitability of a candidate but will not affect his/her eligibility for applying for civil service jobs. As a general principle, the main consideration for suitability for appointment remains a candidate’s qualification, experience and calibre.
(6) The successful candidates will be under the grade management of the Director of Civil Engineering and Development. They may be posted to different Departments, subject to the latest posting policies of the Director of Civil Engineering and Development.
(7) Candidates should attach a detailed account of their academic work and relevant working experience in a prescribed format to their applications. The prescribed format can be downloaded from CEDD’s home page http://www.cedd.gov.hk/eng/about/career/index.htm. Applications without provision of copies of the required documents specified in Notes (2), (3), (4) and (7) will not be considered.
An Assistant Geotechnical Engineer is responsible to professionals/senior professionals and is mainly deployed to work on geotechnical control, geotechnical engineering projects, and on geotechnical and geological functions or services. Successful candidates may be posted to work in other Departments [See Note (6)]
Terms of Appointment:
A new recruit will normally be appointed on civil service probationary terms for three years or the time taken for him/her to obtain the requisite professional qualifications and experience for direct entry to Geotechnical Engineer, whichever is the later and subject to a maximum of five years. Upon passage of probation bar, he/she may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to changes.
(f) Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, assistance in housing.
(g) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(h) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting.
(i) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
(j) Towards the application deadline, our on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms together with the required documents mentioned in Note (7) should reach the enquiry address of the recruiting department on or before the closing date for application, with the envelope clearly marked with “Application for Assistant Geotechnical Engineer”. Online application can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Candidates who apply online should submit the required documents mentioned in Note (7) by 23 March 2015 by post, fax or email (Fax number: 2714 0140; email address: firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Appointments Section, Civil Engineering and Development Department and the on-line application number should be quoted on every page of the required documents. Applications not made in the prescribed form or which are incomplete or late will not be considered. Applicants are encouraged to provide their email address on the application forms. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation (by email or by post) in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. For enquiries, please call the telephone number indicated.
Appointments Section, Civil Engineering and Development Department, 14/F., Civil Engineering and Development Building, 101 Princess Margaret Road, Homantin, Kowloon.
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Ming Pao Daily News (27 February 2015) and South China Morning Post (28 February 2015 and 7 March 2015)