Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
Student Finance Office
(1) a local degree or equivalent;
(2) a minimum of 1 year’s post-qualification full-time working experience with good job records;
(3) good command of both Chinese and English and have met the language proficiency requirements of "Level 2" results in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE) or equivalent (please refer to the Note below); and
(4) equipped with good computer knowledge.
Note: Grade C or above in Use of English of the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) or in English Language of the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) (GCE A Level) is accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the Use of English paper of the CRE. Grade C or above in Chinese Language and Culture or Chinese Language and Literature of the HKALE is accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the Use of Chinese paper of the CRE.
Applicants must provide the supporting documents proving that they have attained the above-mentioned academic qualifications and working experience. Applications will not be considered if the applicants fail to provide the supporting documents.
(1) To initiate legal actions against defaulters and their indemnifiers to recover outstanding student loans;
(2) To handle applications for deferment of loan repayment from defaulters;
(3) To coordinate the sending of reminder letters and short messaging service, and making of phone calls to defaulters and their indemnifiers;
(4) To perform administrative duties in connection with recovery of student loans, include replying enquiries and complaints;
(5) To supervise the work of clerical staff; and
(6) To perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Terms of Appointment:
The successful candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for 12 months.
(1) 12 days of annual leave whereas rest days, public holidays, maternity leave and sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance; and
(2) A gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the 12-month contract. The amount of gratuity payable will be the sum which, when added to the Government’s contribution to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance (Cap. 485), is equal to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
(h)Personal Information Collection Statement : The personal data provided in application forms will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. It may be provided to Government departments and other organizations or agencies authorized to process the information for purposes relating to recruitment by and employment with the Government, e.g. qualification assessment, medical examination, employer’s reference and integrity checking etc, as necessary. Information on unsuccessful candidates will normally be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
Your provision of all the personal data requested for application of this post is obligatory. Your application will not be considered if you fail to provide all information as requested; or it is not clear from your statement that you have the minimum qualifications, working experience, or other requirements specified for the job; or you failed in the integrity checking.
You are required to notify this Agency immediately if there are any subsequent changes to the information provided after the submission of your application forms. For correction of or access to personal data after submission of application forms, please contact our colleague at the telephone number below.
How to apply:
Application forms [G.F.340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Office, Home Affairs Department or Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s Internet website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms, together with photocopies of academic result/certificates and employment proofs (e.g. employment certificates, reference letters, etc), should reach the above enquiry address not later than 29 May 2015. Please state “Application for Executive Assistant” on the envelope. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within 8 weeks from the closing date of application should assume their applications unsuccessful. Applications which are late or not duly signed will not be considered.
Student Finance Office, 12/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon (Attn: Personnel Section)