Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
Student Finance Office
Part-time Senior Supporting Officer
$232 per hour
(1) Level 2 / Grade E or above in five subjects, including Chinese Language, English Language (Syllabus B before 2007) and Mathematics in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination or in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination, or equivalent;
(2) Have a minimum of 12 years’ post-qualification full-time working experience at supervisory level in handling assessment or processing applications for means-tested financial assistance in public organisations, with at least 8 years being involved as a key personnel in (i) liaising with information technology teams on requirements of users in system enhancement projects relating to assessment or processing applications; (ii) providing feedback of users on the detailed workflow, logic and output etc. of the enhanced systems in major computer projects; (iii) performing quality control on the deliverables of the systems; and (iv) assessing the acceptability of new or enhanced systems for production;
(3) Proficient in both written and spoken Chinese and English;
(4) Possesses good leadership, strong communication skill and analytical power, and is customer-oriented, responsible and self-motivated; and
(5) Proficient in computer operation and word/data processing softwares such as MS Word, Excel etc.
(1) Applicants must provide supporting documents to prove that they have attained the above-mentioned academic qualifications and working experience. Applications will not be considered if the applicants fail to provide proofs.
(2) The personal data provided in application letters will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. It may be provided to Government departments and other organizations or agencies authorized to process the information for purposes relating to recruitment by and employment with the Government, e.g. qualification assessment, medical examination, employer’s reference and integrity checking etc, as necessary. Information on unsuccessful candidates will normally be destroyed 24 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
Your provision of all the personal data requested for application of this post is obligatory. Your application will not be considered if you fail to provide all information as requested; or it is not clear from your statement that you have the minimum qualifications, working experience, or other requirements specified for the job; or you failed in the integrity checking.
You are required to notify the Student Finance Office immediately if there are any subsequent changes to the information provided after the submission of your application letters. For correction of or access to personal data after submission of application letters, please contact our colleague at the telephone number mentioned below.
(1) To assist in the planning and conducting of tests on the functionalities and reliability of the Integrated Student Financial Assistance System (ISFAST) including data processing, application vetting, calculation of subsidy amount, subsidy disbursement and interfaces with other systems, etc.;
(2) To perform quality control on the deliverables of the ISFAST, mainly through performing user acceptance tests (UAT), to record test results and to collaborate with other members of the UAT team and technology team to resolve the problems logged;
(3) To assist in strategic testing of key deliverables and achievement of major milestones as scheduled and to support the implementation of ISFAST;
(4) To give input on the functional requirements of ISFAST and liaise with user divisions and information technology developers to put forth any recommendations in the process of development or review of system deliverables;
(5) To supervise junior staff and provide training on the operation of ISFAST; and
(6) To assist in the data conversion exercise.
Terms of Appointment:
The successful candidate(s) will be appointed on a part-time, as and when required basis and remunerated on an hourly basis for 12 months.
Other benefits such as rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), maternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions in the Employment Ordinance when applicable.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application forms [G.F.340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms, together with photocopies of academic result/certificates and employment proof (e.g. employment certificates, reference letters, etc), should reach the address mentioned below not later than 23 April 2015. Please state “Application for Part-time Senior Supporting Officer” on the envelope. Applicants who are not invited for an interview within 4 weeks from the closing date of application may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Applications which are late or not duly signed will not be considered.
Student Finance Office, 12/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon (Attn: Personnel Section)