Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
Student Finance Office
Investigation Officer (6 to 12-month contract)
HK$25,770 per month
(1) Completed Form 5 with 5 subjects at Grade “E” or above in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) (including Chinese Language, English Language (Syllabus B) and Mathematics) or equivalent. For those sitting for HKCEE in 2007 or after, at level 2 or above for Chinese Language and English Language;
(2) A minimum of 8 year’s full-time working experience with good job records, including 2 years at supervisory level. Experience in handling assessment and/or customer services would be an advantage;
(3) Independent, self-motivated, able to work under pressure, strong analytical mind and good leadership and inter-personal skills;
(4) Good command of both oral and written English and Chinese with effective communication skills; and
(5) Skilful in the operation of computer softwares (e.g. MS Word, Excel, etc).
Applicants must provide the supporting documents proving that they have attained the above-mentioned academic qualifications and working experience. Applications will not be considered if the applicants fail to provide the supporting documents.
(1) To assess the eligibility of applicants for student finance office under the financial assistance schemes administered by the Agency;
(2) To perform outdoor investigation/authentication work (including paying home visits to successful applicants);
(3) To train and supervise a team of clerical staff in processing applications including checking the application data, data input, issuing/filing of notifications etc.;
(4) To investigate complaints;
(5) To liaise with schools and other government departments for processing the applications for student financial assistance; and
(6) To answer enquiries from public and schools.
Terms of Appointment:
The successful candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for 6 to 12 months.
12 days of annual leave whereas rest days, statutory holidays (or substitute holidays), maternity leave and sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance. A gratuity may be granted at the end of the contract period if the contract is satisfactorily completed with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will equal to 10% of the total basic salary received during the contract period.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application forms [G.F.340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms, together with photocopies of academic result/certificates and employment proof (e.g. employment certificates, reference letters, etc), should reach the below address not later than 6 July 2015. Please state "Application for Investigation Officer" on the envelope. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within 8 weeks from the closing date of application may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Applications which are late or not duly signed will not be considered.
Student Finance Office, 12/F., Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon (Attn: Personnel Section)