Appointments and Establishment Unit
Leisure Services Branch Support Section
Temporary Water Sports Instructor
HK$25,915 per month
(1) have completed Form 5 (including a pass in the Chinese Language and English Language in the final/graduation examination), or equivalent;
(2) possess a valid Instructor Certificate in at least one of the following water sports:(i)dinghy sailing; (ii)kayaking; or (iii)windsurfing;
(3) have at least one season’s experience in teaching dinghy sailing, kayaking and/or windsurfing;
(4) be fluent in Cantonese and English;
(5) possess a valid First Aid Certificate issued by the St. John Ambulance Association, the Hong Kong Red Cross or the Auxiliary Medical Service; and
(6) preferably possess a valid Beach Lifeguard Award or above issued by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society, and a Pleasure Vessel Operator Certificate of Competency or equivalent/above qualifications issued by the Hong Kong Marine Department.
The Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD) is inviting applications for the post of Temporary Water Sports Instructor. The selected candidates will be required to work at the following water sports centres:
(1) Tai Mei Tuk Water Sports Centre in Tai Po
(2) The Jockey Club Wong Shek Water Sports Centre in Sai Kung
(3) Chong Hing Water Sports Centre in Sai Kung
(4) St. Stephen's Beach Water Sports Centre in Stanley
(5) Stanley Main Beach Water Sports Centre in Stanley
To plan and organize water sports programmes or courses in water sports centres. The duties include training and instructing the users of facilities in the water sports centres and assisting in the supervision of the use and maintenance of the craft in the centres.
[Note : The working hours of a temporary water sports instructor are 45 hours per week (excluding meal breaks). The incumbent is required to work irregular hours, overtime and shifts (including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) and the actual working hours will be arranged by supervisors. ]
Terms of Appointment:
Successful applicants will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms. The contract duration will normally range from two to five months according to operational needs.
Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity/paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau's website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Application forms [G.F.340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) Completed application forms together with photocopies of relevant Instructor Certificates and documentary proof of working experience and qualifications should reach the enquiry address on or before the closing date for applications. Please specify on the envelope “Application for Temporary Water Sports Instructor”. Applications which are incomplete, late, submitted by fax or email, not duly signed by the applicants, or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered.
(3) Applicants should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post.
(4) Applicants should state their relevant teaching qualification and experience of dinghy sailing, kayaking or windsurfing on their application forms.
(5) Applicants who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about one to two weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Appointments and Establishment Unit, Support Section, Leisure Services Branch, 7/F, Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Ming Pao Daily： 20 & 27 March 2020
Jiu Jik： 20 March 2020
Job Market： 20 & 27 March 2020
Recruit：20 March 2020