(1) 中文運用及英文運用試卷成績分為「二級」、「一級」或「不及格」，並以「二級」為最高等級。香港高級程度會考英語運用科或General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) (GCE A Level) English Language科「C」級或以上成績會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試英文運用試卷的「二級」成績。香港高級程度會考中國語文及文化、中國語言文學或中國語文科「C」級或以上成績，則會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試中文運用試卷的「二級」成績。在International English Language Testing System (IELTS)學術模式整體分級取得6.5或以上，並在同一次考試中各項個別分級取得不低於6的成績的申請人，在IELTS 考試成績的兩年有效期內，會視為已符合本職位的英文語文能力要求。IELTS考試成績必須在職位開始接受申請的首天(即2015年4月17日)仍然有效。
(1) have a bachelor degree from a Hong Kong university, or equivalent;
(2) have at least 8 years’ relevant work experience;
(3) meet the language proficiency requirement of Level 2 results in the two papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE) or equivalent; and
(4) have computer knowledge such as word processing in both English and Chinese.
(1) The results in Use of Chinese (UC) and Use of English (UE) papers are classified as ‘Level 2’, ‘Level 1’ or ‘Fail’, with ‘Level 2’ being the highest. Grade ‘C’ or above in Use of English of the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) or in English Language of the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) (GCE A Level) are accepted as equivalent to ‘Level 2’ in the UE paper of the CRE. Grade ‘C’ or above in Chinese Language and Culture or Chinese Language and Literature of the HKALE are accepted as equivalent to ‘Level 2’ in the UC paper of the CRE. Applicants with an overall band of 6.5 or above with no subtest score below band 6 obtained in the same sitting in the Academic Module of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) within the two-year validity period of the test are considered as having met the English language proficiency requirement of the post. The IELTS test result must be valid on the starting day of the application period, i.e.17 April 2015.
(2) Work experience in government departments or public bodies will be an advantage.
(3) Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a written test.
(1) To vet translation and drafts by OLOs II (including 1 contract OLO II) and departmental staff;
(2) To draft administrative circulars, letters, apothegm, messages, speeches, couplets etc. for departmental staff;
(3) To translate Legco submissions, departmental orders, manuals and other documents as assigned;
(4) To provide professional advice on the use of Chinese and English to departmental staff;
(5) To supervise and coordinate the work of the Contract Official Languages Officer II in the Official Languages(OL) Section; and
(6) To undertake any other duties as assigned by the Chief Official Languages Officer of the OL Section.
Successful candidates will be required to work a minimum of 60 hours per month. Work attendance will be scheduled on two fixed working days from Monday to Friday, normally from 9 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 6 pm subject to the arrangement of the supervisor.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for a fixed period of 1 year.
(a) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(b) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(c) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(d) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the above address.
(h) Towards the application deadline, the on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Applicants should list in detail the relevant academic attainments and working experiences in the application form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)]. Completed application form together with copies of documentary proof of possession of the required academic qualifications (e.g. transcripts, certificates, etc) and relevant working experiences, should be sent to the address indicated below on or before the closing date for application. Please mark on envelope the title of the job applied for. On-line application can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applicants using on-line applications should separately send their copies of official transcripts and certificates and documentary proof of working experience within one week from the closing date of the application to the address below. Applications not made in the prescribed form or which are incomplete or late will not be considered. Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Appointments Registry, 8/F Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon