4. 能力傾向測試的考生成績分為及格或不及格，而中文運用及英文運用試卷的成績則分為「二級」、「一級」或「不及格」，並以「二級」為最高等級。香港高級程度會考英語運用科「C」級或以上和「D」級成績(或同等成績)分別會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試英文運用試卷的「二級」和「一級」成績。香港高級程度會考中國語文及文化、中國語言文學或中國語文科「C」級或以上和「D」級的成績則分別會獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試中文運用試卷的「二級」和「一級」成績。在International English Language Testing System (IELTS)學術模式整體分級取得6.5或以上，並在同一次考試中各項個別分級取得不低於6的成績的申請人，在IELTS考試成績的兩年有效期內，會視為已符合本職位的英文語文能力要求。IELTS考試成績必須在職位開始接受申請的首天(即2015年1月16日)仍然有效。
Master Pay Scale Point 32 ($54,265) to Master Pay Scale Point 44 ($86,440) per month
Candidates should have - (a) Corporate Membership of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) (Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Discipline) elected after 5 December 1975, or equivalent [Note 1]; (b) a pass result in the Aptitude Test in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE) [Notes 3-4]; and (c) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 1 results in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the CRE, or equivalent [Notes 3-4].
1. Candidates who have applied on or before 29 January 2015 to sit for the professional assessment of an acceptable professional institution which leads to the award of the corporate membership of HKIE (Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Discipline) or equivalent may also apply. They must attach documentary proof of their applications for the said professional assessment. Otherwise, their applications will not be further considered. If selected, their offer of appointment shall be subject to their obtaining on or before the date of offer the required Corporate Membership or equivalent.
2. Preference will be given to candidates who possess the Registered Professional Engineer (Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Discipline) qualification in Hong Kong.
3. Candidates who have sat for the CRE for more than one time should submit their best CRE results.
4. Candidates' results in the Aptitude Test paper of the CRE are classified as Pass or Fail, while the results of Use of Chinese (UC) and Use of English (UE) papers are classified as Level 2, Level 1 or Fail, with Level 2 being the highest. Grade C or above and Grade D in Use of English of the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE), or equivalent, are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 and Level 1 results respectively in the UE paper of the CRE. Grade C or above and Grade D in Chinese Language and Culture or Chinese Language and Literature of the HKALE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 and Level 1 results respectively in the UC paper of the CRE. Candidates with an overall band of 6.5 or above with no subtest score below band 6 obtained in the same sitting in the Academic Module of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) within the two-year validity period of the test are accepted as having met the English language proficiency requirement of the post. The IELTS test result must be valid on the starting day of the application period, i.e. 16 January 2015.
5. For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, assessment of BL knowledge will be included in the recruitment for all civil service jobs. Results of the BL test for degree/professional grades will be one of the considerations to assess the suitability of a candidate but will not affect his/her eligibility for applying for civil service jobs. As a general principle, the main consideration for suitability for appointment remains a candidate's qualification, experience and caliber.
A Building Services Engineer is mainly deployed on - (a) designing, specifying, supervising and advising on the installation of new building services installations, and the improvement and maintenance of existing building services installations in buildings under the Housing Authority's purview; (b) managing consultants and administering contracts; and (c) supervising the work of supporting technical and site staff.
Terms of Appointment:
A new recruit will be appointed on civil service probationary terms for a period of three years. Upon passage of probation bar, the officer may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms.
(a)Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise. (b)As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race. (c)Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment. (d)The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made. (e)The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to changes. (f)Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, assistance in housing. (g)Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview. (h)It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting. (i)Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address. (j)Civil service vacancies information contained in this column is also available on the GovHK and the Housing Department on the Internet at http://www.gov.hk and http://www.housingauthority.gov.hk respectively. (k)Towards the application deadline, our online system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your online application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
Completed forms, together with copies of (a) transcripts and certificates in support of the academic and professional qualifications; (b) CRE results; and (c) support documents of working experience, should reach the enquiry address on or before the closing date for application. Online application can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Candidates who apply online should submit copies of (a)-(c) above to the enquiry address within one week after close of application period. (The online application number should be quoted on the envelope and on every page of the copies of the documents.)
Applications will be processed according to the academic and professional qualifications attained (or applied for professional assessment) by the applicant by the closing date for application. As we may contact the applicants by the mailing address, email address or telephone number provided on the application form, please provide clear and correct contact information. If you apply by post, please ensure that sufficient postage is paid and specify “Application for Building Services Engineer” on the envelope. Candidates will bear any consequences arising from not paying sufficient postage or not filling in the contact information properly.
Applications which are not made in the prescribed form, or incomplete, or not signed, or without the required supporting documents, or late, or submitted by email or fax will not be considered. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Appointments Sub-section, Housing Department, 3/F, Block 2, Housing Authority Headquarters, 33 Fat Kwong Street, Ho Man Tin, Kowloon
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Ming Pao Daily News (16 January 2015) and South China Morning Post (17 and 24 January 2015)