1. Ensure the venues and facilities of Community Centre (CC)/ Community Halls (CHs) are used in an orderly manner by the public;
2. Assist in managing Temporary Night Heat Shelters/Cold Shelters;
3. Report and record of items required repair in CC/CHs;
4. Patrol the floors of and areas within and outside CC/CHs;
5. Assist in the supervision of the cleaning services and furniture moving;
6. Any other duties assigned.
(Working place: North District)
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Successful candidate will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for a period of one year. Further renewal should be subject to satisfactory performance and operational needs.
(2) To work on shift within the opening hours of the Community Centre / Community Hall (Monday to Sunday and public holiday 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.). Required to work overnight at Temporary Night Heat Shelters/Cold Shelters if necessary. The total monthly working hours is about 50 hours. (Remarks : this figure is for reference only. The working hours may vary from month to month.)
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Office, Home Affairs Department or Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s Internet website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) Completed forms, together with photocopies of academic result/certificates and employment proofs (e.g. employment certificates, reference letters, etc) should reach the following mail address by hand or by post on/before the closing date for application. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. For submission in person, the application should reach the address below by 5 p.m. of the closing date. The envelope should be clearly marked as “Application for the post of Assistant Community Organizer (Part-time).
(3) If candidates fail to provide the supporting documents and/or the completed application forms, their applications will not be considered.
(4) Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.
General Registry, North District Office, 3/F, North District Government Offices, 3 Pik Fung Road, Fanling, New Territories