Candidates should have -
(a)(i) Level 2 or equivalent [Note (1)] or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination [Note (2)], or equivalent; or
(a)(ii) Level 2 [Note (3)] / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) [Note (2)], or equivalent; and
(b) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 [Note (3)] or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSE Examination or HKCEE, or equivalent.
(1) "Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSE Examination are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSE Examination.
(2) The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3) ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 2’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To promote the improvement of building management in private buildings and assist in resolving matters related to building management;
(2) To assist in the formation and development of Mutual Aid Committees / Owners’ Corporations in the District;
(3) To help organize and coordinate community activities;
(4) To take up clerical and computer inputting duties; and
(5) To perform any other appropriate duties assigned.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms;
(2) A one-year contract will be offered to successful candidates. The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made. Further renewal should be subject to satisfactory performance and operational needs; and
(3) Required to work outdoor and irregular hours.
(a). Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b). As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c). Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d). The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e). Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f). It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g). Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(a). Application Forms [G.F.340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(b). Completed forms together with copies of academic qualifications and supporting documents of working experience should be submitted to Eastern District Office (11/F, Eastern Law Courts Building, 29 Tai On Street, Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong)/ District Liaison Teams on or before 4 June 2015 (as shown by the stamp chop). Please also specify “Application for Community Organizer” on the envelope.
(c). Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting documents will not be considered.
(d). Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about 4 to 8 weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview after eight weeks may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
(e). When attending the interview, applicants are required to provide their Hong Kong Identity Card and the supporting documents of academic qualifications.
(f). Applicants are required to inform the Eastern District Office of any change of particulars in the application form after the submission.
11/F, Eastern Law Courts Building, 29 Tai On Street, Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong