Candidates should have –
(i) Level 2 or equivalent (Note 1) or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; or
(ii) Level 2 (Note 3) / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; and
(b) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 (Note 3) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent.
(1) “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2)The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3)‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
1. Assist in the formation of Mutual Aid Committee/Owners' Corporation and other related matters;
2. Assist in organizing district-based activities and promoting participation of community involvement activities;
3. Assist in preparation of meetings and clerical work;
4. Assist District Office staff in resolving matters relating to building management;
5. Assist in the supervision of activities and management of community centres and halls; and
6. Any other suitable duties assigned by the office.
Terms of Appointment:
1. Successful candidates will be appointed on Non-civil Service Contract Terms for one year.
2. Candidates will be appointed on part time basis, with irregular working hours, and may need to work at nights on weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays.
3. Working area will be in North District or to work outdoors as assigned.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
1. Application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Office, Home Affairs Department or Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s Internet website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
2. Completed forms, together with photocopies of academic result/certificates and employment proofs (e.g. employment certificates, reference letters, etc) should reach the following mail address by hand or by post on/before the closing date for application. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. For submission in person, the application should reach the address below by 5 p.m. of the closing date. The envelope should be clearly marked as “Application for the post of Community Organizer (Part-time)".
3. If candidates fail to provide the supporting documents and/or the completed application forms, their applications will not be considered.
4. Applicants are reminded to provide a valid email address to facilitate communication.
5. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Only shortlisted Candidates will be notified.
General Registry, North District Office, 3/F, North District Government Offices, 3 Pik Fung Road, Fanling, New Territories