(1) Level 2 or equivalent or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent; or
(2) Level 2/Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent; and
(3) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or
equivalent. (Note: The subjects in (1) and (2) above may include Chinese Language and English Language.)
(4) Knowledge on common computer application/software including Chinese and English word processing.
(1) “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2)The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3)‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) to provide clerical and secretarial support in the organization of community involvement campaigns and projects;
(2) to provide clerical and secretarial support for the daily operation of Yau Tsim Mong District Office and District Council;
(3) to provide clerical and secretarial support for the Committees/Working Groups under District Council; and
(4) other duties as and when required.
Terms of Appointment:
Part time job; may be required to work irregular hours including on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays. Subject to operational needs, successful candidates may be required to work at night and/or outdoors.
Unless one of the exemptions specified in the Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Scheme Ordinance (Cap. 485) is applicable to the successful candidate, the Government will arrange to make contributions for the candidate to a registered MPF scheme. Other benefits such as rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), maternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in
line with the provisions in the Employment Ordinance when applicable.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev.03/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Office, Home Affairs Department or Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s Internet website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) Completed forms, together with photocopies of academic result/certificates and employment proofs (e.g. employment certificates, reference letters, etc) should reach the following mail address by hand or by post on/before the closing date for application.
(3) If candidates fail to provide the supporting documents and/or the completed application forms, their applications will not be considered.
(4) Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Personnel Section, Yau Tsim Mong District Office,
6/F., 30 Luen Wan Street, Mong Kok Government Offices, Mong Kok
(Attn. : Executive Officer (Administration))
The envelope should be clearly marked as “Application for the post of Project Assistant (Part-time)”.