$48 per hour (Bonus available at a rate of $3.6 for every valid voter registration form collected during the work period, up to a maximum amount of $992 per month)
• Five subjects of Level 2 or above in Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (Note 1), including either Chinese Language or English Language, or equivalent; or • Five subjects, including either Chinese Language or English Language (“Syllabus B” before 2007) , at Level 2 (“Grade E” before 2007) or above in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination, or equivalent; and • As regards spoken language, in addition to Cantonese and English, fluency in other spoken language(s) or dialect(s) will be an advantage.
(1) “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
• Assist in the registration of new voters and updating voters’ information • Assist the District Office staff in carrying out duties relating to the Voter Registration Campaign (Working place includes households and open areas)
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for the period from 14 May 2015 to 2 July 2015. (Irregular hours from 9:00am to 11:00pm on any days, including Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, as and when required)
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise. (2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race. (3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service. (4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made. (5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview. (6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. (7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Application Forms [G.F. 340(Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centres of Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). (2) Completed application form together with copies of academic qualifications should reach the address below by post or in person on or before the closing date. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. For submission in person, the application should reach the address below by 6 p.m. of the closing date. Please specify on the envelope “Application for Non-civil Service Contract Voter Registration Assistant". Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting documents will not be considered. (3) Applicants who are not invited for interview within 2 months from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Yau Tsim Mong District Office 6/F, Mong Kok Government Offices, 30 Luen Wan Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon