Master Pay Scale Point 5 ($14,245) to Master Pay Scale Point 8 Note ($17,200) per month.
[Note: The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and it may be subject to changes.]
Candidates should have :
(1) (a) completed a full apprenticeship in mechanical, electrical / electronic, or automobile engineering; or
(b) 4 years’ practical experience in a relevant trade;
(2) completed Primary 6 education, or equivalent; and
(3) attained a level of proficiency in Chinese and English Languages equivalent to Primary 6 standard; and be able to speak Cantonese.
[Note: (i) By the closing day of the application period (i.e. 30 April 2015), applicants must possess the relevant academic qualifications as set out above.
(ii) Candidates will be required to pass a relevant trade test.
(iii) Possessing a valid Hong Kong driving licence is an advantage.]
For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, assessment of BL knowledge will be included in the recruitment for all civil service jobs. Candidates who are invited to attend the recruitment interview will be tested orally on their BL knowledge during the interview. The results of BL assessment will be taken into account only if two candidates are considered equal in all other aspects.
An Artisan is mainly deployed on –
(a) testing, inspecting and repairing vehicle mechanical systems including the engine, gearbox, braking system, hydraulic system, electrical and electronic system, air conditioning system, etc., of fire appliances and rescue equipment; and
(b) carrying out vehicle recovery and modification works, and other relevant jobs assigned.
[Note: An Artisan may be required to work shifts and irregular hours and wear uniforms / protective clothing.]
Terms of Appointment:
New recruits will be appointed on prevailing probationary terms for 3 years and may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms upon satisfactory completion of the probationary period, and subject to fulfillment of the requirements of the grade and service need.
Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, housing assistance.
(1) Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
(2) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(3) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(4) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail together with the application form to the Recruitment Section, 8/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon.
(5) Candidates with local or non-local academic qualifications who apply on-line should submit copies of qualification and experience supporting documents by mail, within one week after close of application period to the above address, and the online application number should be quoted on the envelope and the copies of supporting documents. If candidates fail to provide the supporting documents as requested, their applications will not be considered.
(6) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(7) Candidates will be required to attend selection interview and trade test. Candidates who are selected for interview and/or trade test will normally receive an invitation in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for selection interview and/or trade test may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
(8) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the selection interview and/or trade test.
(9) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview and/or trade test without being subject to further shortlisting.
How to apply:
(1) Applicants should state in detail in the application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] their academic qualifications and working experience relevant to the entry requirements. The application should be submitted together with copies of documents in support of their academic qualification, level of proficiency in Chinese and English Language, relevant practical experience and/or completion of full apprenticeship as appropriate. Candidates may apply: (a) by submitting the completed application form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] in person to the drop box provided at G/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon (opening hours during recruiting period: Monday to Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.); or (b) by post, forwarding a completed application form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] to the Recruitment Section, 8/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon; or (c) by on-line application through Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Towards the application deadline, on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of on-line application, it is advisable for candidates to submit their applications as early as possible.
(2) Application forms [G.F.340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any fire station or ambulance depot, Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department and Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(3) All applications must be submitted in accordance with the aforesaid methods. Applications which are incomplete, late and applications submitted through other means will not be considered.
Recruitment Section, 8/F, Fire Services Headquarters Building, 1 Hong Chong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon.