(1) A recognised Hong Kong bachelor degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline; or equivalent;
(2) A minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification full time working experience in the field of industrial/manufacturing engineering with particular hands-on experience in implementing lean management and/or Total Quality Management; experience in a management consultancy with similar experience will also be considered. Having the experience in managerial position will be an advantage;
(3) Level 2 (Grade E before 2007) or above in both Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B before 2007) in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examinations (HKCEE), or equivalent;
(4) Rich experience in project management including task analysis, resource requirements assessment and allocation, time frames and project target setting and goal definition;
(5) Proven track record on work method study with significant achievements in productivity improvement;
(6) Conversant with IT applications;
(7) Mature, independent, aggressive, persistence and be able to work under pressure;
(8) Possesses good leadership ability, persuasive and excellent inter-personal skills in communicating with all levels;
(9) A competent and committed team player;
(10) Able to work irregular hours; and
(11) Good command in spoken and written English and Chinese.
Successful candidates are expected to assume duties in December 2015. Those who are not invited for an interview within 8 weeks from the closing date for applications should consider their applications unsuccessful.
(1) To be responsible for the conduct of review and study on various operational areas for enhancing productivity and operational efficiency.
(2) To develop new work methods and source equipment to facilitate operation.
(3) To devise work manual to implement the work methods and deployment of equipment.
(4) To devise management reports on performance to facilitate management control and enabling implementation of process improvement.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Two-year contract;
(2) Monthly salary of $37,190.
(3) Discretionary performance pay up to about 1 month’s salary in every six months;
(4) 14 days of annual leave; and
(5) Gratuity payable plus Hongkong Post’s MPF contributions equivalent to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Completed application form (GF340(Rev.3/2013)) together with a resume and detailed description of the duties of previous and present employment should be sent to the Appointments Section, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central on or before 4 September 2015. Application forms can be obtained from District Offices of the Home Affairs Department and Job Centres of the Labour Department, or downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applications that are incomplete, or without a resume/the required supporting documents will not be considered.
Appointments Section, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
South China Morning Post (22 August 2015 & 29 August 2015)