(a) A Hong Kong bachelor's degree in Chinese Language / Humanities disciplines, or equivalent (See Note 1);
(b) A certificate in education from a Hong Kong tertiary educational institution, or equivalent;
(c) Met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent (See Note 3);
(d) At least 7 years' relevant post-degree experience in teaching Chinese or Humanities in secondary or primary school / dealing with matters relating to curriculum development of Chinese or Humanities subjects / youth service;
(e) Proficiency in spoken Putonghua; and
(f) Competence in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, multimedia presentation, etc.
1. Candidates should mark clearly on the application form the major and minor subjects studied in their degree courses. Candidates possessing additional qualifications (e.g. a Master / PhD degree) should include details in their applications.
2. Candidates should state the nature and relevancy of work experience.
3. For appointment purpose, 'Grade C' and 'Grade E' in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to 'Level 3' and 'Level 2' respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
4. Candidates who wish to work on part-time basis are also welcomed to apply. If selected, the salary for such appointment will be on a pro-rata basis according to the actual working days as determined by the supervisor. Number of working hours within a week may vary depending on the operational needs. No guarantee on the minimum hours of work in any given period. Working hours may be on weekdays (Monday to Friday), weekends and public holidays. Fringe benefits (if applicable) such as rest days and statutory holidays, etc, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance and the terms as set out in the employment contract.
5. Candidates may be required to take a practical/written test on the day of selection interview.
(a) To assist in developing strategies for implementation of exchange programmes;
(b) To assist in planning and implementing exchange programmes, performing regular on-site monitoring and conducting briefing and de-briefing sessions so as to enhance the learning effectiveness of the programmes;
(c) To carry out studies based on consolidated feedback from participants to facilitate review of programme effectiveness;
(d) To consolidate and conceptualize experiences in implementing exchange programmes and assist in disseminating relevant experiences by developing and reviewing reference materials; and
(e) To assist in enhancing internal professional capacity through training, sharing and alignment of current work practices.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be employed on non-civil service contract terms for 2 years.
(a) 14 days annual leave, rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), maternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance. (b) A gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will be equal to 10% ［Remarks: for full-time job only] of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(a) Please mark clearly the EDB Job Code and specific contract post applied for, e.g. Project Officer I (EDB/QASBS/068/15). (b) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise. (c) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race. (d) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service. (e) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made. (f) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview. (g) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. (h) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/ Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address below.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Application should reach the following enquiry address (Quality Assurance & School-based Support Division, Education Bureau, Room 1222, 12/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong.) on or before the closing date for application. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. For enquiries, please call the telephone number indicated.