Candidates should have –
1.(a)(i) Level 3 or equivalent [Note 1] or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) [Note 2], or equivalent; or
(ii) Grade E or above in two subjects at Advanced Level in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination and Level 3 [Note 3] / Grade C or above in three other subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) [Note 2], or equivalent; and
(b) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 [Note 3] or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent.
2. Good command of English and Chinese, both written and oral; and
3. At least 5 years’ supervisory experience in criminal investigation, preferably in fraud investigation.
Applicant who does not fulfill requirements 1 (a) and (b) but with
(i) level 2 or equivalent [Note 1] or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) [Note 2], or equivalent; or level 2 [Note 3] / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) [Note 2], or equivalent; and met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 [Note 3] or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent; and
(ii) abundant relevant experience in criminal and fraud investigation will also be considered.
1. Good legal knowledge;
2. Proficiency in computer applications, including word processing and spreadsheet applications; and preferably in database management as well as Lotus Mail operation;
3. Strong motivation, excellent communication skills and good leadership; and
4. Independent and resilient.
1. For civil service appointment purpose, “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
2. The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
3. For civil service appointment purpose, ‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administrative as comparable to ‘Level’ 3 and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
1. To assist the Labour Department in steering, planning and formulating the strategy and arrangement of the special operation relating to occupational safety and health [the Operation];
2. To lead and supervise the Operation team members and provide recommendations where necessary, for improving the operational arrangements;
3. To advise on the information required for collection during the operations and compile reports of the Operation based on the information collected;
4. To evaluate the effectiveness of the Operation; and
5. To carry out other related duties.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for a contract period of 3 months. They will be required to work around 70 to 130 hours per month, but the actual working hours will depend on the job allocation. They may need to work irregular hours and perform duties at night or on public holidays.
Incumbents are eligible for paid sick leave (as per the provisions in the contract) and 14 days of annual leave calculated on a pro-rata basis depending on the duration of the contract. Other fringe benefits, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions in the Employment Ordinance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the written examination and/or selection interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the written examination and/or selection interview without being subject to further shortlisting.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the above enquiry address.
(h) Towards the application deadline, our on-line system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 03/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Empolyment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms with copies of the certificates and transcripts in support of the academic qualification and working experience (please list out the number of years of experience in criminal investigation) should reach the address below on or before the closing date for application. On-line application can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau’s web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Candidates who apply on-line should submit photocopies of certificates and transcripts in support of the academic qualification and working experience to the address below on or before the closing date for application (the online application number should be quoted on the envelope and the supporting documents). Please do not send the originals of your certificates to us by post. Applications submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted. Please ensure that sufficient postage is paid, otherwise the applications will be returned to the senders. Applications returned to the senders due to insufficient postage must be submitted to the Human Resource Section of Labour Department on or before the application closing date, otherwise they will not be accepted. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Human Resource Section, Labour Department, 16/F, Harbour Building, 38 Pier Road, Central, Hong Kong.
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Ming Pao Daily News, Hong Kong Economics Times & South China Morning Post (15 & 22 August 2015)