Community Organizer (Sai Kung District (Sai Kung & Tseung Kwan O))
Hourly rate at $62.1
(1)(i) Level 2 or equivalent (Note (a)) or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (Note (b)), or equivalent; or
(ii) Level 2 / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination(HKCEE) (Note (b)), or equivalent; and
(2) Met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 (Note (c)) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent.
(a) For appointment purpose, “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(b) The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(c) For appointment purpose, ‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To assist in the formation and development of mutual aid committees and owners’ corporations and heighten their interest in community affairs;
(2) To assist staff of Sai Kung District Office in fight crime campaigns and other community affairs;
(3) To assist in research work and to gauge public opinions; and
(4) To carry out any other duties as assigned by the staff of Sai Kung District Office (including outdoor duties).
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Candidates will be appointed on Non-civil service contract terms for one year;
(2) Candidates appointed are required to work in the offices as assigned by Home Affairs Department;
(3) Renewal of contract will be subject to the service need of Sai Kung District Office and the candidate’s performance.
Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity/paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in the line with provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address below.
How to apply:
(1) Application must be made on the form G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013), copies of which are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) The completed application form, together with copies of academic qualifications should reach the address below by post or in person on or before the closing date. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. Please affix sufficient stamp to ensure delivery in order. For submission in person, the application should reach the address below by 6:00 p.m. of the closing date. Please specify on the envelope “Application for Community Organizer (SKDO)”.
(3) Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without copies of academic certificates will not be considered.
(4) Candidates who are not invited for interview within 6 weeks from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Sai Kung District Office, 6/F, Sai Kung Tseung Kwan O Government Complex High Block, 38 Pui Shing Road, Hang Hau, Tseung Kwan O, NT.